|Public Listed Company|
|Bhargav Dasgupta MD|
|Products||General insurance, Vehicle Insurance, Health Insurance, Travel Insurance etc.|
|₹1.44 billion (US$21 million)|
Number of employees
|4,634 (as March 2010)|
|Parent||ICICI Bank, Fairfax Financial|
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between ICICI Bank Limited, India's second largest bank with total assets of over USD 99 billion at 31 March 2014 and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, a Canada-based USD 37 billion diversified financial services company engaged in general insurance, reinsurance, insurance claims management and investment management. ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. is the largest private sector general insurance company in India with a Gross Written Premium (GWP) of Rs 71.34 billion The firm offers policy insurance and renewal through its intermediaries and website. It markets assurance products including Car Insurance, Health Insurance, International Travel Insurance, Overseas Student Travel Insurance, Two Wheeler Insurance, Home Insurance and Weather insurance. ICICI Lombard has 221 branches spread across the nation.
Established in 2001, ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is a joint venture between ICICI Bank- India’s second largest bank and Fairfax financial Holdings Limited- financial Services Company based in Toronto. ICICI bank has 74% stake in the venture while Fairfax has the rest in the venture. ICICI Lombard General Insurance is the largest private sector general insurance company in India.
Product and Services
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Overseas Student Medical Insurance
- International Travel insurance
- ICICI Lombard Home Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Car Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Rural Weather Insurance
- "Board of Directors & Key Persons - ICICI Lombard". Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "About ICICI Lombard". Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "ICICI Lombard to be restrictive towards weather insurance". Business Standard (Mumbai). Press Trust of India. 18 December 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2015.