Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous
|"Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous"|
|Single by RuPaul|
|from the album Red Hot|
|RuPaul singles chronology|
"Looking Good Feeling Gorgeous" is the first single from RuPaul's album Red Hot. The dance/house song is a self-affirming anthem of self-confidence, particularly in relation to one's appearance. It was released exclusively on a CD single on RuCo, Inc., RuPaul's own label.
The section during which RuPaul speaks contains numerous references to the documentary film Paris is Burning. Including a direct quote from one of the films main characters, Venus Xtravaganza: "Touch this skin, darling, touch this skin honey, touch all of this skin! You just can't take it! You're just an overgrown orangutan!"
The single's music video featured drag performer Shirley Q. Liquor getting cosmetic surgery and transforming from an overweight woman eating fried chicken into RuPaul. The video featured male fitness model Rusty Joiner as RuPaul's scantily-clad surgeon.
The music video was directed by fashion photographer Mike Ruiz, and produced for CAYA FILMWORKS by Jeff Beasley. The video is also a social criticism of the standards of beauty in our society.
|US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)||2|
|U.S. Hot Dance Club Play||25|
- Shirley Q. Liquor & Watusi Jenkins (Album Version)
- High Heel Steppin' Radio – D1 Music Radio
- Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous (Gomi Radio)
- High Heel Steppin' Mixshow – D1 Music Mixshow
- Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous (Gomi Mixshow)
- High Heel Steppin' Dub – D1 Music Dub
- Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous (Gomi Dub)
- Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous (Album Version Clean)
- Lyrics & Info: RuPaul RedHot Archived October 13, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Wikiquote:Paris is Burning
- Ru Paul is back :: GTR :: The Voice and Choice Archived April 7, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "RuPaul Chart History (Dance Club Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "2004 Year End Charts – Hot Dance Music/Club Play Titles". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. December 25, 2004. Retrieved October 11, 2010.