This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
December 11, 1972 |
Montgomery, Alabama, U.S.
|Alma mater||Georgia Southern University|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
Born in Montgomery, Alabama, and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Joiner attended Georgia Southern University, where he was a successful athlete, cheerleader, and gymnast for four years. He was also a former gym instructor.
He was discovered by a model scout in Atlanta and spent the next several years modelling in Milan, Paris, and South America. He became well known in the fashion industry very quickly and modelled for Prada, Abercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle, Levi's and Powerade. Joiner then won the Structure Underwear Model Search, and became the official underwear model for Structure from 1998 to 2000. He has appeared on the covers and pages of Vanity Fair, Cosmopolitan, Rolling Stone, and Men's Fitness. The February 2005 Men's Fitness cover was his eleventh for the magazine in five years.
Joiner also appeared in RuPaul's video Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous. He has also appeared as "Blade" in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004), and in Russell Mulcahy's Resident Evil: Extinction (2007).
- Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)
- Last Ounce of Courage (2012)
- Stuck in Love (2012)
- Orc Wars (2013)
- Unsullied (2014)
- Voiceless (2015)
- Amateur Night (2016)
- "Male Underwear Brands". mcat-test-centers.com. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Cal 99: Structure Men 1999 Calendar - The Structure Underwear Model Search Calendar –". amazon.in. 1 July 1998. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- Official Rusty Joiner Website
- Empire Magazine Empire Movie Miscellany: Instant Film Buff Status Guaranteed, p. 143, at Google Books
- "709 RESIDENT EVIL 3 Eddie (Rusty Joiner) Costume". icollector.com. Retrieved 24 August 2017.