Lorraine E. Schwartz
|Known for||Jewelry designer|
|Diamond and gold jewelry|
Lorraine Schwartz is an American bespoke high jewellery designer. She has designed jewelleries for a host of famous female celebrities including Beyoncé, Blake Lively and Kim Kardashian. In 2009, Angelina Jolie showed up at the Oscars wearing a pair of emerald earrings designed by Lorraine Schwartz which cost $2.5 million.
Schwartz states that in 2002 Halle Berry wore her jewellery on the red carpet." Since, she has designed for celebrities such as Kelly Rowland, Beyoncé Knowles, Jennifer Lopez and Cate Blanchett. For ESPN The Magazine, she made a "30-carat, diamond-and-ruby logo" for their 10th anniversary baseball caps. She was also involved in the "Art for Life" gala in 2007, which was led by Russell Simmons and his ex-wife, Kimora Lee Simmons. In the 2006 Beyoncé song, "Upgrade U", Lorraine Schwartz is mentioned. Kim Kardashian wears a 15-carat diamond engagement ring by Schwartz, given to her by her now husband, Kanye West.
In 2009, she created the Shulamit Benjamini Sandberg Medical Research Grant, which supports a physician with $225,000 to last over three years for cancer research. It was created "in honor of her late mother".
- "Oscar hopefuls for hire in fashion house wars". The Times
- "Red carpet revenue". Los Angeles Times
- "Billboard Nov 1, 2003" - Google Books
- "Designer Spotlight" - In Style
- "Diamonds Lit Up The Strip at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards" - PR Newswire
- "C'mon ... Vogue?" Chicago Tribune
- "Schwartz to donate bracelet for Simmons' gala"[permanent dead link] National Jeweler
- "Luxury Ties, Fancy Suites: A Guide To Beyonce And Jay-Z's 'Upgrade U'" MTV
- Longeretta, Emily (May 25, 2014). "Kanye West & Kim Kardashian's Blinged-Out Wedding Rings". Hollywood Life. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- Styleinterviews.com, Lorraine Schwartz Board of Directors for Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation March 16, 2010. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- "Lorraine Schwartz, Jeweler to the Stars, Tells Us About Her New Charity, 'Muse' Beyoncé and Possible Diffusion Line" - Style List