Kardashian at her fragrance launch in Glendale, California, February 2011
|Born||Kimberly Noel Kardashian
October 21, 1980
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Residence||Hidden Hills, California, U.S.|
|Other names||Kim Kardashian West|
|Salary||US$52.5 million (2015)|
|Television||Keeping Up with the Kardashians|
|Spouse(s)||Damon Thomas (m. 2000–04)
Kris Humphries (m. 2011–13)
Kanye West (m. 2014)
Kimberly "Kim" Kardashian West (born Kimberly Noel Kardashian, October 21, 1980) is an American reality television personality, socialite, businesswoman and model. Kardashian first gained media attention as a friend and stylist of Paris Hilton, but received wider notice after a 2003 sex tape with her former boyfriend Ray J was leaked in 2007. Later that year, she and her family began to appear in the E! Network's reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Its success soon led to the creation of spin-offs including Kourtney and Kim Take New York and Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami in addition to various business ventures. Kardashian's personal life soon became subject to widespread media attention.
In recent years, Kardashian has grown an influential online and social media presence, including tens of millions of followers on Twitter and Instagram. As of 2016, she is one of the top ten most-followed celebrities on Instagram. She has released a variety of products tied to her name, including the successful 2014 mobile game Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, a variety of clothing and products, and the 2015 photo book Selfish. Her relationship with rapper Kanye West, dubbed "Kimye" by the media, has also received significant coverage; the couple married in 2014. They have two children together.
Time Magazine included Kardashian on their list of 2015's 100 most influential people, while Vogue described her in 2016 as a "pop culture phenomenon." Critics and admirers have described her as exemplifying the notion of being famous for being famous. She was reported to be the highest-paid reality television personality of 2015, with her total earnings exceeding US$53 million.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Fashion ventures
- 4 Personal life
- 5 Filmography
- 6 Awards and nominations
- 7 See also
- 8 Books
- 9 Notes
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Kardashian was born on October 21, 1980 in Los Angeles, California, to parents Robert and Kris (née Houghton). She has an older sister Kourtney, a younger sister Khloé, and a younger brother Rob. Their mother is of Dutch, English, Irish and Scottish ancestry, while their father was a third-generation Armenian American. After their parents divorced in 1991, her mother married again that year, to Caitlyn Jenner (then Bruce[A]), the 1976 Summer Olympics decathlon winner. Through their marriage, Kardashian gained step-brothers Burton "Burt", Brandon, and Brody; step-sister Casey; and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
As a teenager, she attended Marymount High School, a Roman Catholic all-girls school in Los Angeles. In 1994, her father represented football player O. J. Simpson during his murder trial. Simpson is Kim Kardashian's godfather. Kim's father died in 2003 of cancer. In 2000, 19-year-old Kardashian eloped with music producer Damon Thomas. Thomas filed for divorce in 2003. Kardashian later credited their separation to physical and emotional abuse on his part. During this time, Kardashian was also the close friend and stylist of socialite Paris Hilton, through whom she first garnered media attention. Prior to the completion of her divorce, Kardashian began dating singer Ray J.
2007–09: Keeping Up with the Kardashians
In February 2007, a sex tape made by Kardashian and Ray J in 2003 was leaked. Kardashian filed a lawsuit against Vivid Entertainment, who distributed the film as Kim K Superstar. She later dropped the suit and settled for US$5 million. In October 2007 Kardashian, in addition to her mother Kris Jenner, her step-parent Caitlyn Jenner (then known as Bruce), her siblings Kourtney, Khloé, and Rob Kardashian, and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner, began to appear in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The series proved successful for E!, and has led to the creations of spin-offs including Kourtney and Kim Take New York and Kourtney and Kim Take Miami. In one of the episode, Kim discussed an offer from Playboy to appear nude in the magazine. That December, Kardashian posed for a nude pictorial for Playboy.
In 2008, she made her feature film debut in the disaster film spoof Disaster Movie, in which she appeared as a character named Lisa. That same year, she was a participant on season seven of Dancing with the Stars, where she was partnered with Mark Ballas. Kardashian was the third contestant to be eliminated.
In January 2009, Kardashian made a cameo appearance during an episode of the sitcom How I Met Your Mother, in the episode "Benefits". In April, she released a workout DVD series through her television production company Kimsaprincess Productions, LLC which has seen the release of three successful workout videos, Fit in Your Jeans by Friday, with trainers Jennifer Galardi and Patrick Goudeau. Kardashian played Elle in four episodes of the television series Beyond the Break. Kardashian become a guest host of WrestleMania XXIV and guest judge on America's Next Top Model in August of that year. In September, Fusion Beauty and Seven Bar Foundation launched "Kiss Away Poverty", with Kardashian as the face of the campaign. For every LipFusion lipgloss sold, US$1 went to the Foundation to fund women entrepreneurs in the US. The following month, she released her first fragrance self-titled "Kim Kardashian". In December 2009, Kardashian made a guest star appearance on CBS's CSI: NY with Vanessa Minnillo.
2010: Breakthrough and early ventures
2010 saw Kardashian venture into several new endorsement deals, including endorsing various food products for Carl's Jr. In January 2010, she starred as Summa Eve in the film Deep in the Valley. In April, Kardashian sparked controversy over the way she held a kitten for a photograph, holding it by the scruff of its neck. With sisters Kourtney and Khloé, Kardashian is involved in the retail and fashion industries. They have launched several clothing collections and fragrances. Animal rights organization PETA criticized Kardashian for repeatedly wearing fur coats, and named her as one of the five worst people or organizations of 2010 when it came to animal welfare. June saw Kardashian guest star with Khloé and Kourtney as themselves on the season three premiere episode of the series 90210.
That same month, Kardashian was involved in a lawsuit against one of her endorsements. Sanford Siegal, the creator of the Cookie Diet, sued Kardashian, claiming she defamed him on Twitter. According to Siegal, Kardashian tweeted in October 2009 that he was "falsely promoting" that she was on the cookie diet. Siegal filed a claim in a Florida state court charging that her statements were false and defamatory. He also alleged that Kardashian was on QuickTrim's payroll when she posted the tweet. Kardashian's tweet appears to stem from an article on CookieDiet.com, that named Kardashian as one of many celebrities who saw positive results on the diet. Kardashian sent a cease-and-desist order to Siegal, demanding the link be removed.
On July 1, 2010, the New York City branch of Madame Tussauds revealed a wax figure of Kardashian. In November, Kardashian served as producer for The Spin Crowd, a reality television show about Command PR, a New York City public relations firm, run by Jonathan Cheban and Simon Huck. The show followed them as they settle into their new offices in Los Angeles. That month, she also appeared on season ten of The Apprentice. Kim, Kourtney, and Khloé wrote an autobiography titled Kardashian Konfidential, which was released in stores on November 23, and appeared on New York Times's Best Seller List. In December 2010, Kardashian filmed a music video for a song titled "Jam (Turn It Up)". The video was directed by Hype Williams; Kanye West makes a cameo in the video. Kardashian premiered the song during a New Year's Eve party at TAO Las Vegas on December 31, 2010. The song was produced by The-Dream and Tricky Stewart. When asked if an album was in the works, Kardashian replied, "There's no album in the works or anything—just one song we did for Kourtney and Kim Take New York, and a video Hype Williams directed, half of the proceeds we're giving away to a cancer foundation, because The-Dream's and one of my parents passed away from cancer. It's just all having fun—with a good cause". Jim Farber, writing for the Daily News, called the song a "dead-brained piece of generic dance music, without a single distinguishing feature," and suggested that the single made Kardashian the "worst singer in the reality TV universe." That month, the International Business Times reported that Kardashian's 2010 earnings were the highest among Hollywood-based reality stars, estimating them at $6 million.
2011–12: Legal issues
In April 2011, Kardashian released her third fragrance "Gold". Also in 2011, she filed a $20 million lawsuit against Old Navy and its parent company, Gap Inc. for right of publicity. Old Navy used actress/model Melissa Molinaro in their Old Navy commercial featuring the actress singing and dancing. Kim Kardashian claimed that Old Navy used Molinaro as a look alike to Kim in order to promote their brand. Kim Kardashian was also seeking order to have the actress/model Molinaro banned from Old Navy commercials. The lawsuit never went to trial but a settlement was reached by use of a mediator in 2012; the exact settlement is unknown.
In May 2011, Kardashian became engaged to NBA player Kris Humphries, then of the New Jersey Nets, whom she had been dating since October 2010. They were married in a wedding ceremony on August 20 in Montecito, California. Earlier that month, she had released her "wedding fragrance" called "Kim Kardashian Love" which coincided with her own wedding. A two-part TV special showing the preparations and the wedding itself aired on E! in early October 2011, amidst what The Washington Post called a "media blitz" related to the wedding.
After 72 days of marriage, she filed for divorce from Humphries on October 31, citing irreconcilable differences. Several news outlets surmised that Kardashian's marriage to Humphries was merely a publicity stunt, to promote the Kardashian family's brand and their subsequent television ventures. A man professing to be her former publicist, Jonathan Jaxson, also claimed that her short-lived wedding was indeed staged and a ploy to generate money. Kardashian filed suit against Jaxson, saying his claims were untrue, and subsequently settled the case which included an apology from Jaxson. A widely circulated petition asking to remove all Kardashian-related programming from the air followed the split. The divorce would be subject to widespread media attention.
In March 2012, Kardashian debuted her fourth fragrance, titled "True Reflection", which she worked with the company Dress for Success to promote. That month, Kardashian and her sisters were named in a $5 million class action lawsuit against QuickTrim, the weight loss supplement they endorse. The complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, accuses the Kardashians (along with QuickTrim's manufacturer, Windmill Health Products; the retailer GNC; and others in the sales and marketing chain) of false and deceptive marketing of the diet aid. The plaintiffs, hailing from several states, brought claims under their respective states' consumer protection laws. In April, E! renewed Keeping Up with the Kardashians for two additional seasons, in a deal reported to be worth $50 million. In October 2012, Kardashian released her fifth fragrance, "Glam", which "draws on the glamour of her Hollywood lifestyle", and was made available through Debenhams.
Kardashian began dating American rapper and longtime friend Kanye West in April 2012, while still legally married to Humphries. Her divorce was finalized on June 3, 2013, while Kardashian gave birth to her first child with West, daughter North West, on June 15, 2013. Kardashian and West became engaged on October 21, Kardashian's 33rd birthday, and married on May 24, 2014 at Fort di Belvedere in Florence, Italy. Her wedding dress was designed by designer Michael Costello. Kardashian gave birth to her second child, son Saint West, on December 5, 2015. The couple's high status and respective careers have resulted in their relationship becoming subject to heavy media coverage; The New York Times referred to their marriage as "a historic blizzard of celebrity."
Kardashian appeared on the cover, and in a pictorial in Paper's winter issue in 2014 photographed by Jean-Paul Goude. On the cover, her nude buttocks are featured above the caption: "Break the Internet", which generated considerable comment in both social and traditional media. The photos show Kardashian with her hair tied up in a bun, wearing only a pearl necklace, a pair of earrings and black satin gloves, and, on the cover, with her bare back facing the camera, holding a sequined gown below her bare, oiled-up buttocks, while smiling broadly at the camera. A Time magazine writer commented that, unlike previous celebrities' nudes that represented the women's rebellion against repressed society and "trying to tear down" barriers, Kardashian's exhibition was "just provocation and bluster, repeated images that seem to offer us some sort of truth or insight but are really just self serving. We want there to be something more, some reason or context, some great explanation that tells us what it is like to live in this very day and age, but there is not. Kim Kardashian's ass is nothing but an empty promise." However, the stunt "set a new benchmark" in social media response, and Paper's website received 15.9 million views in one day, compared with 25,000 views on an average day.
Kardashian voiced the role of an alien in an episode of the adult animated series American Dad!, in season 11 (2014–15) in the episode titled "Blagsnarst, A Love Story" on September 21, 2014. In the episode, her character crash-lands in the town of Langley Falls. The alien then develops an attraction to her fellow alien Roger.
In June 2014, Kardashian released a mobile game for iPhone and Android called Kim Kardashian: Hollywood. The objective of the game is to become a Hollywood star or starlet. The game supports a free to play model, meaning the game is free to download, but charges for in game-items. The game was a hit, earning US$1.6 million in its first five days of release. In July, the game's developer Glu Mobile announced that the game was the fifth highest earning game in Apple's App Store.
In April 2015, Kardashian and West traveled to the Armenian Quarter of the Old City in Jerusalem to have their daughter, North, baptized in the Armenian Apostolic Church. The ceremony took place at the Cathedral of St. James. Khloe Kardashian was appointed the godmother of North.
In May 2015, Kardashian released a portfolio book called 'Selfish', a 325-page collection of self-taken photos of herself. In December 2015, Kardashian released an emoji pack for IOS devices called Kimoji. The paid app quickly became a top earner for Apple, becoming one of the top 5 most bought apps that week.
Kardashian is one of the many celebrity turned entrepreneurs who are able to leverage their television success by launching profitable side businesses. Kardashian is the founder of the television production company, Kimsaprincess Productions LLC which produces workout DVDs, launched an eponymous fragrance line and the e-commerce shoe shopping website, ShoeDazzle. With her sisters Kourtney and Khloe, she also owns and is expanding D-A-S-H clothing boutiques, designed a clothing line for Bebe and nabbed diet (Quick Trim) and skincare (PerfectSkin) products endorsements.
In 2006, Kardashian entered the business world with her two sisters and opened the boutique shop D-A-S-H in Calabasas, California. In 2007, Kardashian and three partners Brian Lee, Robert Shapiro and MJ Eng founded ShoeDazzle, an online shoe and accessories website. The site now boasts more than 3 million customers, who pay a monthly fee for access to a personalized selection of shoes, jewelry and handbags every month. The site also landed a $40-million investment from the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz. The company is valued at $280 million as of 2012. In March 2009, she launched an endorsement with her company, ShoeDazzle shopping, of which she is the co-founder and chief fashion stylist. She then endorsed multiple other projects including a vanilla cupcake mix flavor called 'Va-Va-Va-Nilla' for the bakery, Famous Cupcakes.
Beginning in early 2010, Kardashian and her sisters designed and developed clothing lines for Bebe stores and 'Virgins, Saints, and Angels'. In April 2010, Kardashian and her sisters released a sunless tanner "Kardashian Glamour Tan", that month. In October 2011, Kardashian and her sisters opened their Kardashian Khaos store in Las Vegas. In November 2012, Kardashian and her sisters internationally launched the 'Kardashian Kollection' in England, as well as launching a line of cosmetics, 'Khroma Beauty'.
As of May 2014, Kardashian was estimated to be worth US$45 million. In 2015, Forbes reported she had "made more this year than ever as her earnings nearly doubled to $53 million from 2014's $28 million," and reported that she "has monetized fame better than any other." Much of her income include wholesale earnings of the Sears line, the Kardashian Kollection, which raked in $600 million in 2013 and the Kardashian Beauty cosmetics line, Kardashian-branded tanning products, the boutique-line DASH, as well as sponsored Instagram and Twitter posts which are collectively worth $10,000-25,000 per post.
Kardashian, who considers herself as a "proud Armenian", has advocated for the recognition of the Armenian Genocide on numerous occasions, and encouraged President Barack Obama and the United States government to consider its acknowledgement. In April 2015, she traveled to Armenia with Kanye, Khloé and North and visited the memorial of the victims in Yerevan. In April 2016, Kardashian wrote an article on her website condemning The Wall Street Journal for running an advertisement denying the Armenian Genocide. While doing an interview with GQ in July, Kim described herself as a Liberal Republican, fiscally conservative but socially progressive.
On October 2, 2016, while attending Paris Fashion Week, Kardashian was robbed at gunpoint in the apartment where she was staying. Five individuals, dressed as police officers, bound and gagged her, then stole $10 million worth of jewelry. The thieves got in her residence by threatening the concierge. Once they accessed Kardashian's room, they held a gun to her head, tying her wrists and legs and wrapping duct tape around her mouth as a gag. Kardashian, who was placed in the bathtub, was physically unharmed and reportedly begged for her life. She managed to wriggle her hands free from the plastic ties around her wrists and scream for help. The thieves escaped. On October 6, 2016, it was revealed that filming for the next season of Keeping up with the Kardashians had been placed "on hold indefinitely" after the robbery.
|2008||Disaster Movie||Lisa Taylor|||
|2009||Deep in the Valley||Summa Eve|||
|2013||Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor||Ava|||
|2009||Brothers||Kim Kardashian||Episode: "Meet Mike Trainor/Assistant Coach"|||
|2009||CSI: NY||Debbie Fallon||Episode: "Second Chances"|||
|2009||Beyond the Break||Elle||4 episodes|||
|2009||How I Met Your Mother||Herself||Episode: "Benefits"|
|2010||90210||Herself||Episode: "Senior Year, Baby"|
|2012||Drop Dead Diva||Nikki LePree||4 episodes|
|2012||Last Man Standing||Kim Kardashian||Episode: "Tree of Strife"|
|2012||30 Rock||Kim Kardashian (West Coast only)||Episode: "Live from Studio 6H"|
|2014||American Dad!||Qurchhhh/Kim Kardashian (voice)||Episode: "Blagsnarst, A Love Story"|||
|2014||2 Broke Girls||Herself||Episode: "And the Reality Problem"|||
|2003–06||Simple Life, TheThe Simple Life||4 episodes|
|2007||Kim K Superstar||Leaked pornographic video|||
|2007–present||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Main role|
|2008||Dancing with the Stars||Contestant (6 episodes)|||
|2008||Bad Girls Club||Hosted Reunion Special|
|2009–13||Kourtney and Kim Take Miami||Main role (19 episodes)|||
|2009–11||America's Next Top Model||Guest star; 2 episodes|||
|2011–12||Kourtney and Kim Take New York||Main role (18 episodes)|||
|2011||Khloé & Lamar||3 episodes|||
|2012||Punk'd||Episode: "Ashton Kutcher"|||
|2014||Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons||3 episodes|
|2014||Celebrities Undercover||Episode: "Wendy Williams & Kim Kardashian"|||
|2015||I Am Cait||5 episodes|
|2015–present||Dash Dolls||Executive producer & recurring role|||
|2007||"Thnks fr th Mmrs"||Fall Out Boy||Pete Wentz's love interest|||
|2011||"Jam (Turn It Up)"||Kim Kardashian||Herself|
|2013||"Bound 2"||Kanye West||Kanye West's love interest|||
Awards and nominations
|Year||Category||Nominated work / Recipient||Result||Ref.|
|2008||Choice TV Female Reality/Variety Star||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Nominated|||
|2009||Choice TV: Female Reality/Variety Star||Nominated|||
|2010||Choice Female Reality/Variety Star[B]||Won|||
|Choice Female Hottie||Kim Kardashian||Nominated|||
|2011||Choice TV: Female Reality/Variety Star[C]||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Won|
|Choice Female Hottie||Kim Kardashian||Nominated|||
|2012||Choice TV: Female Reality/Variety Star[D]||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Won|||
|2013||Choice TV: Female Reality/Variety Star[E]||Won|||
|2016||Choice TV Show: Reality||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Won|
|Year||Association||Category||Nominated work / Recipient||Result||Ref.|
|2008||Golden Raspberry Awards||Worst Supporting Actress||Disaster Movie||Nominated|||
|2013||Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor||Won|||
|2011||People's Choice Awards||Favorite TV Celeb Reality Star||Kim Kardashian||Won|||
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Selfie Taker||Kim Kardashian||Nominated|
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Instagramer||Kim Kardashian||Nominated|
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Social Media Queen||Kim Kardashian||Nominated|
- History of the Armenian Americans in Los Angeles
- Famous for being famous
- Armenian culture
- Montebello Armenian Genocide Memorial in Montebello, California
- Kardashian, Kim; Kardashian, Kourtney; Kardashian, Khloé (2010). Kardashian Konfidential. St. Martin's Press. ISBN 0-312-62807-2.
A ^ Jenner changed her name to Caitlyn due to gender transition in 2015.
B ^ Shared with Kourtney, Khloe, Rob and Kris
C ^ Shared with Kourtney, Khloe, Rob and Kris
D ^ Shared with Kourtney, Khloe, Rob and Kris
E ^ With Kourtney, Khloe, Rob, Kris, Kendall, Kylie and Caitlyn (then Bruce)
- Nessif, Bruna; Baker, Ken (October 28, 2013). "Kim Kardashian Reveals She's Taking Kanye West's Last Name—Watch Now!". E! Online. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- Morgan, Eleanor. "Why is Kim Kardashian famous? You asked Google – here's the answer". The Guardian. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Seemayer, Zach. "Kim Kardashian on the Success of Her Mobile App and Her Social Media Empire". ET Online. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "Top 100 Instagram Users by Followers".
- Caramanica, Jon. "The Agony and the Ecstasy of Kanye West." New York Times. 10 April 2015.
- "Elon Musk Explains the Genius of Kanye West". April 17, 2015. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Staff. "First Look: Kim Kardashian covers Vogue Australia's June 2016 issue". Vogue Australia. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "The Paris Hilton Rule: Famous For Being Famous". Scoreboard Media Group. Retrieved September 13, 2014.
- Wet Paint http://www.wetpaint.com/sure-shes-beautiful-but-why-is-kim-kardashian-famous-697080/. Missing or empty
- Debatet http://www.debate.org/opinions/does-kim-kardashian-deserve-to-be-famous. Missing or empty
- Forbes "Kim Kardashian" Retrieved on 6 December 2015.
- "Kimberly Noel Kardashian, Born 10/21/1980 in California". California Birth Index. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Sagimbeni, Nick (January 9, 2013). "Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, Robert, Kylie and Kendall Kardashian". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Kim Kardashian (June 11, 2008). "Monuments And Momentous Times In Monte Carlo". KimKardashian.com. Retrieved May 13, 2015.http://wayback.archive.org/web/20150518081024/http://www.kimkardashian.com/2008/06/11/monuments_and_momentous_times/
- Barford, Vanessa (January 8, 2013). "Kim Kardashian: How do Armenians feel about her fame?". BBC. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Jenner-Kardashian". The Day. New London, Connecticut. April 23, 1991. p. A2. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- Mayish, Jeff (May 1, 2013). "Ex-nanny to the Kardashians reveals Kris Jenner's temper and an O. J. Simpson trial kidnap scare". Daily News. Mortimer Zuckerman. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Austin, Christina; Acuna, Kirsten (September 27, 2012). "Check Out The Elite Schools Where Celebrities Send Their Kids". Business Insider. Retrieved May 17, 2015.
- "His life now: With friends like these . . .". latimes. latimes. September 28, 2008. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "Robert Kardashian, a Lawyer For O. J. Simpson, Dies at 59". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. October 3, 2003. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian Biography". People. Time Inc. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- Waldholz, Chantal (February 7, 2014). "Rob Kardashian Fears Marriage Because of Divorce — 5 Reasons That's Not Exactly Surprising!". Life & Style. Bauer Media Group. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Kim Kardashian Biography". The Biography Channel. A+E Networks. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian on Sex Tape: 'A Tape Does Exist'". Extra. NBCUniversal. February 7, 2007. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Ray J Sends 'Love & Congratulations' To Kim Kardashian & Kanye West". Access Hollywood. NBCUniversal. July 8, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kardashian to profit from sex tape". United Press International. News World Communications. May 1, 2007. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Johnson, Richard (May 1, 2007). "Happy Ending". New York Post. News Corp. Archived from the original on September 1, 2009. Retrieved February 26, 2008.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (November 13, 2007). "'Kardashians' earns its keep". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Karen (August 16, 2013). "Scott Disick is the Father of Mason Disick!". Las Vegas Guardian Express. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian info". Biography.com. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Kim Kardashian Playboy – Kim Kardashian Nude – Pics and Videos of the Sex Tape Celebrity". Playboy. January 27, 2009. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Matt Webb Mitovich (August 29, 2008). "Disaster Movie Star Kim Kardashian Names Her Favorite Butt". TVGN. CBS Corporation. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Disaster Movie from Kim Kardashian: Pop Culture Queen". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Lang, Derrik J. (October 1, 2008). "Kim Kardashian kicked off 'Dancing With the Stars'". USA Today. Gannett Company. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian Biography". Biography. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- Saini, Mia (July 1, 2010). "Kim Kardashian Powering to the Top". Forbes. Forbes, Inc. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Sweatin' with Kim Kardashian". Allure Magazine. April 14, 2009. Archived from the original on April 19, 2009. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Parsley, Aaron (June 5, 2009). "Kim Kardashian Gets Slimed on Beyond the Break". People. Time Inc. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Gina DiNunno (August 4, 2009). "Lauren Conrad and Kim Kardashian to Guest Judge Top Model". TVGuide.com. Retrieved August 4, 2009.
- "Fusion Beauty". Seven Bar Foundation. Retrieved July 3, 2011.
- "Kim Kardashian Fragrances". fragrantica.com.
- Crawford, Trish (April 28, 2010). "Kardashian Fame and Fragrance". Toronto Star. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kim Kardashian gościnnie w serialu". dziennik.pl. January 4, 2010. Retrieved January 16, 2012.http://wayback.archive.org/web/20151001192901/http://kultura.dziennik.pl/telewizja-i-seriale/artykuly/373814,kim-kardashian-goscinnie-w-serialu.html
- Kate Stanhope. "Kim Kardashian and Vanessa Minnillo to Appear on CSI:NY". TVGuide.com.
- "All the Rage: Kardashian Endorsements Seem to Have Va-Va-Vroom". Los Angeles Times. February 26, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Goudreau, Jenna (April 13, 2010). "Reality TV Stars Turned Entrepreneurs". Forbes. Forbes, Inc. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kim Kardashian Sparks Controversy Over Cat Photo". CBS News.
- "PETA Has Bone To Pick With Kim Kardashian". Popcrunch. November 17, 2010. Retrieved December 14, 2010.
- "Kardashian Sisters Land 90210 Cameo". TVGuide.com.
- Gina DiNunno. "Kim Kardashian Sued by Cookie Diet Doc Over a Tweet". TVGuide.com.
- Klopsis, Nick (July 2, 2010). "Seeing double! Kim Kardashian Unveils Wax Statue Lookalike at Madam Tussauds in Times Square". New York Daily News. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "MovieWeb: "The Apprentice (2004–present): In-Store Display Challenge: Kim Kardashian Visits Octane"". MovieWeb.com. November 12, 2010.
- "The Apprentice, Kim Kardashian's Perfume Brings Out Best and Worst". Gather.com. November 12, 2010.http://wayback.archive.org/web/20151002124901/http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978687994
- "Keeping Up With Kim, Kourtney and Khloé: The Kardashian Sisters Are Writing a Book!". Glamour Magazine. June 18, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Dope Or Nope? Kim Kardashian Debuts New Single 'Turn It Up'". Vibe. January 3, 2011. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Kim Kardashian Debuts The-Dream-Penned Single in Vegas". Rap-Up.com. Retrieved July 3, 2011.
- "Latest Music News, Band, Artist, Musician & Music Video News". Billboard. February 7, 2011. Retrieved July 3, 2011.
- Farber, Jim (March 2, 2011). "Kim Kardashian song 'Jam (Turn It Up)' makes her the worst singer in the reality TV universe". Daily News. New York. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- Dorian, John. "Kim Kardashian top-earning reality star for year 2010 http://wayback.archive.org/web/20151017022319/http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/89368/20101207/kim-kardashian-top-earning-reality-star-for-year-2010.htm". International Business Times AU, December 7, 2010.
- "Kim Kardashian Is Highest Earning Reality Star of the Moment". Softpedia. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- D'Zurilla, Christie (August 29, 2014). "Kim Kardashian, Old Navy settle over commercial starring lookalike". LA Times. LA Times. Retrieved February 13, 2015.
- Vena, Jocelyn (October 31, 2011). "Kim Kardashian And Kris Humphries: A Timeline". MTV News. Viacom Media Networks. Retrieved October 31, 2011.
- Garcia, Jennifer (August 20, 2011). "Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries Are Married!". People. Time Inc. Retrieved August 21, 2011.
- Meagan Morris (August 3, 2011). "Kim Kardashian reveals new wedding day fragrance, Love". Sheknows.com. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- Hughes, Sarah Anne (October 7, 2011). "Kim Kardashian wedding special to air this Sunday: Will you watch?". The Washington Post. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- Garcia, Jennifer; Fleeman, Mike (October 31, 2011). "Kim Kardashian Files for Divorce from Kris Humphries". People. Time Inc. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Was Kardashian marriage a sham?". Chicago Tribune. November 1, 2011. Archived from the original on 2 November 2011. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- Finn, Natalie (February 22, 2012). "Kim Kardashian "Very Happy" With Apology From Blogger Who Called Her Marriage "Staged"". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- Marikar, Sheila (November 16, 2011). "Thousands Sign 'No More Kardashian'". ABC News. Disney Media Networks. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- Tikkanen, Amy. "Kim Kardashian, American television personality and entrepreneur". Britannica. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "Kim Kardashian Perfume: True Reflection". Stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com. August 29, 2011. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- "Kardashian Sisters Sued over Endorsement of Weight-Loss Product". ABC News. Disney Media Networks. March 5, 2012. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- "In Time for Bikini Season, Kardashians Face Lawsuit Over Endorsement of Diet Aids". The National Law Review. Ifrah Law. July 8, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Renewed – E! Extends Series For Three More Seasons". Deadline.com. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- Casserly, Meghan (April 24, 2012). "'Keeping Up with the Kardashians 2015: E! Pays $40 Million For Three More Years". Forbes. Forbes, Inc. Retrieved November 12, 2012.
- "Kim Kardashian Releases Glam Fragrance". Style MTV. Retrieved October 24, 2012.http://wayback.archive.org/web/20140907112623/http://style.mtv.co.uk/posts/201210/kim-kardashian-released-glam-fragrance
- "Kim Kardashian's Family Films Video To Notorious B.I.G.'s 'Hypnotize'". Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- TODAY staff (May 26, 2014). "Kim Kardashian, Kanye West marry in Italy". Today. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
While still legally married to Humphries, Kardashian began dating West in April 2012
- Fleeman, Mike (June 4, 2013). "Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries Finalize Divorce". People. Time Inc. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- Johnson, Zach (June 26, 2013). "Kris Jenner Defends Granddaughter North West's Name on The View". Us Weekly. Wenner Media LLC. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Howard, Michael (October 22, 2013). "Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Engaged". ABC News. Disney Media Networks. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- "Kim Kardashian Wedding Fashion: Designer Michael Costello Dishes on His Custom Looks for Kimye's Guests!".
- Corriston, Michelle (May 24, 2014). "It's Official: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Married". People. Time Inc. Retrieved May 24, 2014.
- Ross, Ashley (December 7, 2015). "The Long History Behind Kim and Kanye's New Baby's Name". Time. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- Muller, Marissa G. (November 12, 2014). "Meet The Man Behind Kim Kardashian's 'Break The Internet' Cover: Jean-Paul Goude". MTV News. Viacom Media Networks. Retrieved March 23, 2015.
- Rothman, Michael (November 12, 2014). "Kim Kardashian Leaves Little to Imagination in Raciest Magazine Cover Yet". ABC News. Disney Media Networks. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- Fortini, Amanda (November 2014). "NO FILTER: An Afternoon With Kim Kardashian". Paper. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- Flower, Brandi (November 11, 2014). "Whoa! Kim Kardashian Bares Her Butt, Goes Nude for 'Paper' Magazine". Paper. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- Szubiak, Ali (November 11, 2014). "Kim Kardashian Bares Her Butt On the Cover of Paper Magazine [PHOTO]". Pop Crush. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- Moylan, Brian (November 12, 2014). "Kim Kardashian's Butt Is an Empty Promise". Time. Time Inc. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Van Grove, Jennifer. "Kim Kardashian Didn't Break the Internet, but She Did Set a New Benchmark", The Street, November 17, 2014
- Grossman, Samantha (December 2, 2014). "Top 10 Things That Broke the Internet". Time. Time Inc. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- Shields, Mike (November 13, 2014). "Kim Kardashian Doesn't Break Paper Magazine's Servers–At Least Not Yet". The Wall Street Journal. News Corp. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- "Kim Kardashian 'American Dad': Reality Star to Play Alien on Comedy". Variety. Retrieved September 25, 2013.
- Snierson, Dan (September 24, 2013). "Kim Kardashian to play alien on 'American Dad'". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Rothman, Michael (June 18, 2014). "Take a Sneak Peek at Kim Kardashian's New Video Game". ABC News. Disney Media Networks. Retrieved June 19, 2014.
- Wortham, Jenna. "Kim Kardashian, an Unlikely Mobile Video Game Hit". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- "Kim Kardashian in Jerusalem for Daughter's Baptism". wfmynews2.com. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "North West Gets Baptized in Jerusalem – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- Begley, Sarah (May 7, 2015). "Kim Kardashian's Selfish Is Anything But". Time. Time Inc. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Link, Monica. "Kim Kardashian iOS Emoji App, 'Kimoji' Ranks Higher Than Grand Theft Auto". Idigital Times. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- Kallor, Amber. "Kim Kardashian West's "Vogue España" Cover Shoot Inspires Us to Strip Down". Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- "Kim Kardashian steals the show at the star-studded Vogue 100 dinner". Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- "Kim Kardashian: Psychic Predicted Fame - Her Fashion Dreams and Intimate Phone Call with Kanye West". Fashion and Style. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Crying and preening all the way to the bank". Today Money. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- Rachel Brown (September 19, 2011). "Top Celebrity Investors And What They're Invested In". Investopedia. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- Shelby Skrhak (January 8, 2012). "Keeping Up With Kim". SUCCESS. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- Autumn Alston. "Kim Kardashian-West: Brilliant Business Woman?". Liberal America. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- Debbie Emery. "For the man who has everything... Zappos creates a $100,000 toilet for Kanye West in response to his 's**t' product accusations". Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- Leaver, Kate. "In Defense of The Hardest Working Arse on The Planet". MammaMia. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- Mitchell, Emily. "The Kim Kardashian Empire: Why Is She Famous". Channel Guide Magazine. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- Kick It With Kim's New Shoe Shopping Service People, March 20, 2009
- "Kardashian Sisters Get Stylish and Sexy with Bebe". The Houston Chronicle. May 13, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kardashians Show Off Legs in Bebe Collaboration". Palm Beach Post. February 16, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.http://wayback.archive.org/web/20151003123049/http://www.pbpulse.com/tv/reality-tv/2010/02/16/kardashians-show-off-legs-in-bebe-collaboration/
- Moore, Booth; Critic, Fashion (May 2, 2010). "Celebrities and Jewelry: Learning Their Lines". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Quenqua, Douglas (June 2, 2010). "'Jersey Shore,' Without the Sun". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kardashian Khaos Opens". lasvegassun.com.
- "Kim And Kourtney Kardashian Launch Kardashian Kollection". Female First. November 9, 2012. Retrieved November 9, 2012.
- Spencer, Lara (August 8, 2011). "Inside the Kardashian Empire: Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Talk Life, Career, Love". ABC News. Disney Media Networks. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- "Kim Kardashian wears the new Khroma Beauty Line". Glamour.com. November 12, 2012.
- "Wealth-X UHNW Valuation Update: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Combined Net Worth Estimated At US$155 Million After "Kimye" Florentine Wedding". Yahoo! Finance. PR Newswire. May 28, 2014. Archived from the original on 19 October 2014. Retrieved October 11, 2014.
- "#33 Kim Kardashian". Forbes. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- Hayley Krischer (August 9, 2014). "Kim Kardashian: Estimated $40 million". Daily Worth. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "A Look Back at the Kardashian Family's Humble Armenian Roots". People. April 10, 2015. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- "'Time to Recognize the Armenian Genocide,' Says Kim Kardashian". Asbarez. April 21, 2011. Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "Kim Kardashian West: Armenian Genocide Victims 'Should Never Be Forgotten'". Time. April 24, 2015. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- "Kim Kardashian calls for recognition of Armenian Genocide". Public Radio of Armenia. April 25, 2016. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- "Kim and Khloé Kardashian's Emotional Visit to the Armenia Genocide Memorial". People. April 10, 2015. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- "Kim Kardashian Is Taking Down the 'Wall Street Journal' Ad Denying Armenian Genocide". Mic. April 27, 2016. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- "Kim Kardashian West on Kanye and Taylor Swift, What's in O.J.'s Bag, and Understanding Caitlyn". GQ. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "Kim Kardashian Bound and Gagged at gunpoint". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "Kim Kardashian was bound, gagged and begging for life during Paris jewelry robbery". New York Daily News. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Puente, Maria (3 October 2016). "Kim Kardashian's Paris trauma: What we know". USA Today. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- Charlton, Angela; Petrequin, Samuel (2016-10-03). "Armed jewelry thieves target Kardashian West in Paris". The Big Story. Retrieved 2016-10-04.
- Grinberg, Emanuella; Melas, Chloe; Sutton, Joe (2016-10-03). "Kim Kardashian West in New York after robbery". CNN. Retrieved 2016-10-04.
- "How Kim Kardashian Escaped After Being Bound and Gagged by Her Attackers". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "Revealed, how Kim escaped: Star slipped her hands out of plastic ties and screamed from the balcony after being robbed by men she feared would rape her". Daily Mail. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' placed 'on hold indefinitely'". Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- "Rotten Tomatoes page on Disaster Movie". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved January 7, 2010.
- "Kim Kardashian has only just begun to appear in films and television shows.". Ugo. Retrieved October 30, 2009.http://wayback.archive.org/web/20151001204042/http://www.ugo.com/movies/kim-kardashian-spotlight-kim-kardashian-deep-in-the-valley
- Fleming, Mike (October 21, 2011). "Kim Kardashian to Co-Star in Tyler Perry's 'The Marriage Counselor'". Deadline.com. PMC. Archived from the original on October 22, 2011. Retrieved October 22, 2011.
- Kim Kardashian (October 26, 2009). "My Cameo on 'Brothers'". KimKardashian.com. Retrieved April 29, 2015.http://wayback.archive.org/web/20151230005133/https://www.kimkardashianwest.com/tag/michael-strahan/
- Ingrassia, Lisa; Garcia, Jennifer (November 4, 2009). "Kim Kardashian & Vanessa Minnillo Team Up For CSI: NY". People. Time Inc. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- McIntosh, Whitney (October 27, 2014). "'2 Broke Girls' welcomes Kim Kardashian and her 22 million Twitter followers". Zap2it. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- Rice, Lynette (September 14, 2012). "E! begins production on 'Kourtney and Kim take Miami'". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "America's Next Top Model Episode: "La Toya Jackson"". TV Guide. CBS Interactive. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- "America's Next Top Models Work the Runway in Kardashian Kollection". US Magazine. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- "Kourtney and Kim Take New York – TV Show". TV Guide. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- "Lamar Odom Surprises Khloe (and Kim Kardashian) with Dinner and a Dozen Roses". Sandra Rose. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "Punk'd: Ashton Kutcher (S.9 E.11)". MTV. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- Maresca, Rachel (March 19, 2014). "Kim Kardashian dons fake teeth, curly wig to go unrecognizable on 'Celebrities Undercover'". New York Daily News. Retrieved August 30, 2015.
- Nimoh, Ivana (September 4, 2015). "Meet the Cast of E!'s "DASH Dolls" Premiering Sunday, September 20th at 9pm ET/PT Following a Brand New Episode of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians"" (Press release). NBCUniversal Media Village. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Thnks fr th Mmrs". Fueled By Ramen. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- "Bound 2". KanyeWestVEVO. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "M.I.L.F. $". FergieVEVO. Retrieved July 1, 2016.
- KanyeWestVEVO (2016-07-29), Kanye West - Wolves (Balmain Campaign), retrieved 2016-08-05
- "Teen Choice Awards Nominations 2008". LA Times. Retrieved 2008. Check date values in:
- "Announcing the Winners of the 2009 Teen Choice Awards!". Buzz Sugar. Retrieved August 9, 2009.
- "2010 Teen Choice Awards Winners List 'Twilight Saga,' Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus are the night's big winners". MTV News. Viacom Media Networks. August 9, 2010. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Nordyke, Kimberly. "Teen Choice Awards 2011 Winners Revealed". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 7, 2011.
- "Teen Choice Awards 2012: Complete Winners List Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift and 'Hunger Games' clean up Sunday night.". MTV News. Viacom Media Networks. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- "Teen Choice Awards 2013: Full list of winners". New York: Daily News. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Box Office Hits, Remakes and Sequels Dominate This Year's RAZZIE® Nominations". Razzie. Retrieved 2009. Check date values in:
- Sitzer, Carly (January 3, 2014). "Kim Kardashian Nominated For 'Worst Actress' Razzie Award… Check Out 5 Other Questionable Honors She's Received". In Touch Weekly. Bauer Media Group. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "People's Choice Awards 2012 Winners List Katy Perry, 'Harry Potter' and Emma Stone nab multiple awards.". MTV News. Viacom Media Networks. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- Buzz Bissinger (June 1, 2015). "Introducing Caitlyn Jenner". Vanity Fair. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kim Kardashian.|