Louis H. Giele
|Louis H. Giele|
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
|Known for||Louis Giele, Architect|
Louis H. Giele, AIA (1861–1932) was an American architect of German descent, who designed a number of Catholic churches, schools, convents and rectories in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and elsewhere.
Giele was born in Germany and received his architectural training there. He came to America in his 20s and set up an architectural practice there. He died in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- St Charles Borromeo Church, Brooklyn, New York
- St. Josephat School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- St. John the Baptist Church, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- St. Casimir Church, Yonkers, New York
- Sacred Heart Hospital, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- St. Augustine Church, Bronx, New York
- St. Anne Church, Jersey City, NJ
- St. Anthony of Padua Church, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Sisters of Peace building, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, New Bedford, Massachusetts
- St. John Cantius Church, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- St. Adalbert Church, Philadelphia Pennsylvania
- St. Adalbert School, Philadelphia Pennsylvania
- Assisium Institute, New York, New York
- Christ Temple of the Apostolic Faith, Harlem, New York
- "DR. C, 0. MAILLOUX, ENGINEER, DIES AT 71; Helped Organize ...; LOUIS H. GIELE. Architect Designed Many Churches in New York and Vicinity.", New York Times, October 6, 1932 ("Louis H. Giele, architect, who designed many Catholic churches and buildings for ...")
- http://www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/NJ/Hudson/state2.html NRHP-1
- http://www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/NJ/Middlesex/districts.html NRHP-2
- http://www.casimirchurch.com/St._Casimir_Church/History.html Giele named as St Casimir architect
- Norval White, Elliot Willensky with Fran Leadon, AIA Guide to New York City Fifth Ed. American Institute of Architects New York Chapter Series. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010), p.833. ISBN 978-0-19-538386-7.
- http://www.ettc.net/njarts/details.cfm?ID=1029 Stained Glass in St. Anne Church
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/yukonblizzard/2418151294/ pictures of St. Anthony of Padua Church
- http://www.orthodoxnews.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=editorialsopinion.one&content_id=17312&CFID=23007755&CFTOKEN=29751934&tp_preview=true article on St. Adalbert
- Dunlap, David W. (2004). From Abyssinian to Zion: A Guide to Manhattan's Houses of Worship. New York City: Columbia University Press. p. 45.