This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Louisa Leaman (born 24 June 1976) is a London-based author.
Leaman has written for Hachette Children's Books, with titles including The Garden and Born Free Elephant Rescue: The True Story of Nina and Pinkie, based on The Born Free Foundation's dramatic rescue of orphaned elephants. The book describes the story of Nina the African elephant, who was released into the wild after decades of captivity. Nina's story was also televised by the BBC, in a documentary featuring British actor, Martin Clunes, called Born to be Wild.
In 2004 Leaman won a writing competition in the Times Educational Supplement. This led to a publishing deal with Continuum International Publishing (now Bloomsbury), for whom she wrote five teaching/behaviour management guides. As an experienced teacher and behaviour consultant, she has delivered teacher training throughout the UK, mainly based on her book Managing Very Challenging Behaviour.
Leaman has contributed to a number of journals, magazines and newspapers, including The Guardian, The Observer, and The Independent. She had a weekly column for the Times Education Supplement Magazine and currently writes a column for the Guardian-Series newspaper about motherhood.
- Managing Very Challenging Behaviour (2005)
- Managing Very Challenging Behaviour, second edition (2009)
- Classroom Confidential (2005)
- The Naked Teacher (2006)
- Dictionary of Disruption (2007)
- The Perfect Teacher (2008)
- Leaman, L. (2005). Managing Very Challenging Behaviour. Continuum International Publishing. ISBN 0-8264-8539-1
- Leaman, L. (2005). Classroom Confidential. Continuum International Publishing. ISBN 0-8264-8541-3
- Leaman, L. (2006). The Naked Teacher. Continuum International Publishing. ISBN 0-8264-8540-5
- Leaman, L. (2007). Dictionary of Disruption. Continuum International Publishing. ISBN 978-0-8264-9466-5
- Leaman, L. (2008). The Perfect Teacher. Continuum International Publishing. ISBN 978-0-8264-9787-1
- Bloom, Adi (24 March 2006). "Fancy writing for The TES?". Times Educational Supplement. TSL Education. Retrieved 9 June 2009.
- "The Perfect Teacher - How to make the very best of your teaching skills". Education Today. Datateam Publishing. 9 January 2009. Retrieved 9 June 2009.
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|