Love the Beast
|Love the Beast|
Ford XB Falcon Hardtop, similar to Bana's "Beast"
|Directed by||Eric Bana|
Andrew "Temps" Templeton
|Music by||Yuri Worontschak|
|Edited by||Conor O'Neill|
Love the Beast is a 2009 documentary film directed by Eric Bana, and featuring Bana, Jay Leno, Jeremy Clarkson, and Phil McGraw. It was listed as one of the best automotive documentaries by The News Wheel in 2015.
The film documents the 25-year history of Eric Bana's first car, a 1974 Ford XB Falcon Hardtop that he purchased at the age of fifteen for A$1100. In this film, Eric explores the central role that fixing and racing this car has played in his life and the lives of his friends. He describes it as being, "like a campfire for me and my mates". Celebrities Jay Leno, Dr. Phil and Jeremy Clarkson offer opinions on the emotional attachments that some people form with automobiles.
- "Cool Car Cinema: 11 Best Automotive Documentary Films, Ranked". The News Wheel. Reynolds and Reynolds. 11 March 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Movie Review1". Empire Online. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Official Movie Trailer". Pickup Truck Pictures. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Movie Review2". View London. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Top 100 documentaries in Australia of all time". Screen Australia. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- "Never mind the Hulk: Eric Bana on his 25-year obsession with 'the Beast'". London: Daily Mail. 9 August 2009. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
|This article about an Australian documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|