Lozova Railway Station
|• Mayor||Sergey Zelensky|
|• Total||18,1 km2 (70 sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code(s)||+38 05745|
Lozova (Ukrainian: Лозова́) or Lozovaya (Russian: Лозова́я) is a city in Kharkiv Oblast (province) of eastern Ukraine. Serving as the administrative center of the Lozova Raion (district), the city itself is designated as a city of oblast significance and does not belong to the raion. Population: 56,655 (2017 est.)
Lozova is the 2nd largest city in Kharkiv Oblast after Kharkiv in terms of population. The city was evacuated on August 27, 2008 due to a fire in a military warehouse. However, there were no serious casualties or deaths.
Lozova is a main rail hub within the Kharkiv Oblast.
The City is divided into two main parts, one is called Gorod and other one is called Raion.
People from Lozova
- Leonid Skirko, Canadian bass-baritone opera singer of Ukrainian origin
- Anatol Rapoport, American mathematical psychologist
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- Rapoport, Anatol. Conceptions of World Order: Building Peace in the Third Millennium (PDF). Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 May 2015. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- InfoPort — Information-entertaining portal of Lozova
|This article about a location in Kharkiv Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|