Pedraza at the 2007 Tribeca Film Festival
|Born||January 5, 1972|
|Alma mater||University of Buenos Aires|
|Relatives||Susana Ferrari Billinghurst|
Luciana Pedraza (Spanish pronunciation: [luˈsjana peˈðɾasa]) is an Argentine actress and director. She is married to American fellow actor Robert Duvall, and is the granddaughter of Argentine aviation pioneer Susana Ferrari Billinghurst.
She was the oldest of five sisters. After graduating from the University of Buenos Aires with an MBA and minor in English she became the marketing director of W. & Associates. In 1996, while strolling down a street, she approached actor Robert Duvall to invite him to a party without knowing who he was. They share the same birthday 41 years apart.
Pedraza wrote and directed the short documentary The Portrait of Billy Joe (2004) and appeared in the 2002 film Assassination Tango, which was written, produced, directed by, and starring her future husband Robert Duvall. She also appeared in another film of his, Wild Horses.
Luciana and Robert Duvall founded The Robert Duvall Children's Fund in 2001 to help impoverished children and families of Northern Argentina. Since then, the non-profit organization has expanded its reach to assist children and families around the world by partnering with reputable organizations. Among their organizations is Pro Mujer, a non-profit dedicated to helping Latin America's poorest women help themselves through micro-credit, business training and health care links.
- "The Director". The Portrait of Billy Joe official site. n.d. Archived from the original on 2004-02-27. Retrieved 2012-01-03. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Combustible Celluloid interview - Robert Duvall, Assassination Tango (2003)". Combustiblecelluloid.com. 2003-03-31. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "Life, Death, and Dance: Luciana and Robert Duvall come to Texas to Talk 'Assassination Tango' Austin Screens". The Austin Chronicle. March 14, 2003. Archived from the original on August 5, 2011. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- Hornaday, Ann (2010-08-08). "Actor Robert Duvall's got many memorable roles, but he's looking forward to more". The Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Archived from the original on December 30, 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-07.
(Duvall will turn 80 in January; Luciana is 38.) 'But we have the same birthday, January 5th.'
- Parera, Josep (January 17, 2010), "The Latin side of Robert Duvall", New York Today
- CNN Heroes: Duvall shines spotlight on cause, Cable News Network and CNN.com, October 4, 2007, archived from the original on October 10, 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Luciana Pedraza.|
|This article about an actor or actress from Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|