|Traded as||TSX: LUN
Nasdaq Stockholm: LUMI
|Industry||Industrial Metals & Minerals|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Lukas Lundin, chairman
Paul Conibear, CEO
Number of employees
Lundin Mining is a multinational minerals company with operations in the United States, Sweden, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Russia. Lundin Mining is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario and trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange as part of the S&P/TSX 60 index. The company also trades on the Swedish Nordic Exchange with an overall market capitalization of around 1.7 billion CAD as at July 14, 2009. The company is currently developing the Tenke Fungurume Copper and Cobalt deposit in the Democratic Republic of Congo in which it owns at 24.75% stake (as Tenke Mining Corp.).
Lundin Mining was founded in 1994.
In July 2007, Lundin acquired Tenke Mining.
In June 2013, Lundin Mining announced the acquisition of Rio Tinto's Eagle nickel and copper mine for $325 million.
In 2014, Lundin Mining bought the copper mine "Candelaria", this mine has a production of 168 tonnes of concentration of copper per year and is located in Chile in the third region, this purchase was a total of $1,8 Billion.
In January 2017, Lundin Mining reported full year 2016 production totaling 205,154 tonnes of copper, 24,114 tonnes of nickel and 148,050 of zinc.
In April 2017, Lundin Mining released a Feasibility Study on its Eagle East nickel-copper deposit in Michigan. The study demonstrated a post-tax net present value of US$205 million with pre-production capital costs of $102 million.
- Company History Lunding mining. Investors. Read in Oct 2012
- "Company Profile for Lundin Mining Corp (CA;LUN)". Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- HudBay CEO defends Lundin deal, The Globe and Mail, November 27, 2008
- Donville, Christopher; Keenan, Rebecca (January 13, 2011). "Lundin, Inmet Mining Agree to Merge to Create Company Valued at $9 Billion". Bloomberg.
- "Lundin to Buy U.S. Mine From Rio Tinto for $325 Million". Bloomberg.
- "Lundin Mining Announces 2016 Production Results". juniorminingnetwork.com.
- "Lundin Mining Announces Eagle East Feasibility Study Results and Provides Project Update". www.juniorminingnetwork.com.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a copper-related corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|