|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||TSX: YRI
S&P/TSX 60 component
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Peter Marrone (CEO)|
Number of employees
Yamana Gold Inc. is a Canadian-based gold producer that began operations in 2003 with significant gold production, gold development stage properties, exploration properties, and land positions in Canada, Brazil, Chile and Argentina.
Yamana added several mining properties with the purchase of other gold companies in 2005, 2006 and 2007, namely Viceroy, Desert Sun, RNC Gold, Northern Orion and Meridian Gold. The company’s portfolio includes: (i) six operating gold mines, namely Chapada, El Peñón, Canadian Malartic, Jacobina, Gualcamayo, and Minera Florida, and (ii) the Cerro Moro project currently under construction plus various advanced and near development stage projects and exploration properties throughout the Americas.
The principal corporate members of Yamana Gold are:
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Peter Marrone
- Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Daniel Racine
- Executive Vice President, Enterprise Strategy, Darcy Marud
- Executive Vice President, Business Development, Greg McKnight
- Senior Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer, Jason LeBlanc
In December 2016 Yamana announced it had closed the spinout transaction of a portion of its Brazilian assets into Brio Gold.
In Q1 2017 Yamana produced 257,533 ounces of gold and generated revenue of $403.5 million. For the quarter the Company reported a net loss of $5.9 million, or $0.01 per share. Yamana also raised 2017 production guidance to 940,000 ounces of gold. 
- Canadian Malartic (50%)
- El Penon
- Minera Florida
- Cerro Moro (Construction)
- "Company Profile for Yamana Gold Inc (AUY)". Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- "Yamana Gold Inc (YRI.TO)". Reuters. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Yamana Gold Closes Brio Gold Purchase Rights Offering; Brio to Begin Trading on TSX". Junior Mining Network. Retrieved December 23, 2016.
- "Yamana Gold Announces Q1 2017 Results; Produces 257,533 Ounces of Gold and Increases 2017 Production Guidance". www.juniorminingnetwork.com. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|