|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||TSX: YRI
S&P/TSX 60 component
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Peter Marrone (CEO)|
Number of employees
Yamana Gold Inc. is a Canadian-based gold producer that began operations in 2003 with significant gold production, gold development stage properties, exploration properties, and land positions in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico and Colombia.
Yamana added several mining properties with the purchase of other gold companies in 2005, 2006 and 2007, namely Viceroy, Desert Sun, RNC Gold, Northern Orion and Meridian Gold. The company’s portfolio includes: (i) seven operating gold mines, namely Chapada, El Peñón, Jacobina, Gualcamayo, Minera Florida, Fazenda Brasileiro and a 12.5% indirect interest in the Alumbrera mine, and (ii) various advanced and near development stage projects and exploration properties in Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico and Colombia.
The principal corporate members of Yamana Gold are:
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Peter Marrone
- President and Chief Operating Officer, Ludovico Costa
- Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President of Finance, Charles B. Main
In December 2016 Yamana announced it had closed the spinout transaction of a portion of its Brazilian assets into Brio Gold.
- Fazenda Brasileiro
- C1 Santaluz
- Pilar de Goiás
- El Penon
- Minera Florida
- Alumbrera (12.5% indirect interest)
- Cerro Moro (Construction)
- Canadian Malartic (50%)
- "Company Profile for Yamana Gold Inc (AUY)". Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- "Yamana Gold Inc (YRI.TO)". Reuters. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Yamana Gold Closes Brio Gold Purchase Rights Offering; Brio to Begin Trading on TSX". Junior Mining Network. Retrieved December 23, 2016.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|