|Genres||Indie, riot grrrl|
|Labels||Piao!, Vesuvius, Guided Missile, Southern Records|
|Associated acts||Peter Parker, Spread Eagle|
|Past members||Jane "Jane Egypt" McKeown
Maureen "Morine Quim" Quinn
Amanda "Jade Green" Doorbar
Lungleg were a Scottish indie band, formed in 1994 and disbanded in 1999. They were influenced by C86, riot grrrl and the Fire Engines. Singer Jane McKeown is the sister of John McKeown from the Yummy Fur and the two bands often toured together.
Lungleg formed in 1994 in Glasgow, Scotland, with a lineup of McKeown ("Jane Egypt") on bass and vocals, Annie Spandex and Maureen Quinn ("Morine Quim") on guitar and vocals, and Amanda Doorbar ("Jade Green") on drums. The quartet released The Negative Delinquent Autopsy (1994) and Shagg the Tiger (1995) EPs on the Piao! label; both were named "Single of the Week" by Melody Maker. The two EPs were later compiled together as the 1997 Hello Sir album on Kill Rock Stars.
Doorbar left in 1996, replaced by Todd Parmenter. This second lineup recorded their debut album, Maid to Minx, released in 1997 on the Vesuvius label. The lyrics for the title track were written by Danny Saunders (now of Correcto).
McKeown was also the drummer for labelmates Dick Johnson. When Quinn quit Lungleg in 1997, they recruited her replacement, Philippa Smith, from Dick Johnson. This final lineup embarked on their sole tour of the US in 1998 with the Make-Up, and recorded two final singles, "Krayola" in 1998 and "Maid to Minx" (a new recording of the title track from the debut album) in 1999.
Lungleg split after a final farewell gig in May 1999; a remixed and partially rerecorded version of their debut album was released posthumously that August on Southern Records.
- Jane "Jane Egypt" McKeown – vocals, bass (1994-1999)
- Annie Spandex – vocals, bass (1994-1999)
- Maureen "Morine Quim" Quinn – vocals, bass (1994-1997)
- Amanda "Jade Green" Doorbar – vocals, bass (1994-1996)
- Todd Parmenter – vocals, bass (1996-1999)
- Philippa Smith – vocals, bass (1997-1999)
- Maid to Minx (1997, Vesuvius; 1999, Southern Records)
Singles and EPs
- The Negative Delinquent Autopsy 7" EP (1994, Piao!)
- Shagg the Tiger 7" EP (1995, Piao!)
- "Right Now Baby" 7" single (1997, Vesuvius)
- "Theme Park" 7" single (1997, Guided Missile)
- Club Beatroot Part Six split 7" single with El Hombre Trajeado (1997, Flotsam & Jetsam)
- "Krayola" split 7" single with the Make-Up (1998, Vesuvius/Southern Records)
- "Maid to Minx" 7" single (1999, Southern Records)
- Hello Sir (1997, Kill Rock Stars)