This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015)
Number of locations
|more than 100 laboratories|
|Food Safety and Quality, Environment Testing, Cosmetics Testing, Consumer Goods, Agrochemicals, Pharma & Medical Devices Testing|
|Dr John H. Silliker (founder), Alexandre Mérieux (chairman of the board), Philippe Sans (President & CEO)|
|Services||Food analysis, Water analysis, Environmental monitoring, Contract research, Consulting on quality and safety, Sensory and consumer studies, Labeling service, Data management, Training, Audit and inspection|
Number of employees
|Close to 7500|
Mérieux NutriSciences offers testing, auditing, consulting, training, and research services to meet the needs of manufacturers, food processors, caterers and retailers. The company is headquartered in Chicago. A subsidiary of Institut Mérieux, Mérieux NutriSciences employs close to 7500 employees in 26 countries.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (April 2020)
Mérieux NutriSciences is present in 26 countries through more than 100 laboratories.
- 1967: Creation by Dr. John H. Silliker in Chicago of Silliker, a food focused solutions company.
- 1997: Acquisition of Silliker by Institut Mérieux
- 2008: Acquisition of Bioagri in Brazil in the field of water and environment analytical services
- 2009: Acquisition of Biofortis an Applied Research Organization
- 2011: The Group is officially named Mérieux NutriSciences 
- 2014: The 3 business units (Silliker, Biofortis, Bioagri) disappear in favour of 7 segments and all subsidiaries are re-branded Mérieux NutriSciences
In 1897, Marcel Mérieux, a student of Louis Pasteur, founded Institut Mérieux. It was the beginning of a great entrepreneurial adventure. The Institut Mérieux was then directed by Dr. Charles Mérieux and later by Alain Mérieux and became the leader in the field of human and veterinary vaccines. Until 1994, the Mérieux family managed several companies in this area before withdrawing from the vaccinology work. At the same time in Chicago, Silliker, a pioneering company in the field of food safety and quality was created in 1967 by Dr. John H. Silliker, a microbiologist known for his work on Salmonella. The Mérieux Family extended their fields of expertise by addressing Food Safety and Nutrition and acquired Siliker in the 1990s. Silliker started to grow and several laboratories all over the world were acquired by the company which was renamed Mérieux NutriSciences in 2011.
International expansion is one of the cornerstones of Mérieux NutriSciences' development strategy. This approach is supported by a highly focused acquisition policy. More than 40 acquisitions have been completed since 2007. Mérieux NutriSciences intends to strengthen its presence in its traditional markets in Europe and the United States, and also pursue its growth in strong emerging countries with significant growth potential. The company already has a worldwide presence, with sites in Europe and North America, as well as Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa.
More recent acquisitions
- São Camilo de Análise de Alimentos e Água Ltda (Brazil)
- IDAC (joint-venture) (Saudi Arabia)
- Total Quality Food Consultants (Italy)
- Sino Analytica (China)
- Kalite Sistem Laboratories Group (KSL) (Turkey)
- DMG MicroLabs (Australia)
- Randolph Companies (United States)
- Theolab (Italy) 
- Allabor Laboratorios Ltda (Brazil)
- Labser Laboratorio de Analisis y de Servicios avanzados Limitada (Chile) 
- ACM Agro (Teranga group) (France) 
- Bangalore Testing Laboratories (India) 
- Tecnimicro Laboratorio de Analisis (Colombia) 
- rtech laboratories
- CNTA SAC (Peru) 
- Swiss Food (Germany) 
- Institut Kirchhoff (Germany) 
- KTBA (Netherlands) 
- EcamRicert (Italy) 
- Acumen Scientific (Malaysia) 
- ALT (Ireland)
- "Silliker : Institut Mérieux". Institut-merieux.com. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- "About Us | Merieux Nutrisciences US". Merieuxnutrisciences.com.
- "Dr. John H. Silliker: Obit". Barfblog.com. 2015-04-03. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- "Pays de la Loire : Silliker acquiert la sociĂŠtĂŠ nantaise Biofortis". Lesechos.fr. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- Whitworth, Joseph James. "Silliker will rebrand to Mérieux NutriSciences". Nutra Ingredients. Retrieved 21 April 2020.
- "A Pasteurian tradition". Institut Merieux. Retrieved 21 April 2020.
- "Charles Mérieux | French virologist | Britannica". Encyclopaedia Britannica. Retrieved 21 April 2020.
- "NIHF Inductee John H. Silliker Invented a Food Safety Test". National Inventers Hall of Fame. Retrieved 21 April 2020.
- "LETTRE IM 8 GB". Institut-merieux.com. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- Whitworth, Joe (2014-01-22). "Mérieux NutriSciences acquires Brazilian lab". Foodqualitynews.com. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- Whitworth, Joe (2014-02-24). "Mérieux NutriSciences acquires equity position in IDAC". Foodqualitynews.com. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- Whitworth, Joe (2014-07-07). "Mérieux NutriSciences acquires Total Quality Food Consultants". Foodqualitynews.com. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- "Acquisition stratégique de Mérieux NutriSciences en Chine". Acteursdeleconomie.latribune.fr. 2014-09-02. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- "Kalite Sistern Laboratories Group Acquired by Merieux NutriSciences Corporation". Food Safety Magazine. 2015-04-07. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- Jasmine O'Donoghue (2014-11-24). "Silliker acquires MicroLabs | Food Magazine". Foodmag.com.au. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- Whitworth, Joe (2015-01-09). "Mérieux NutriSciences boosts food safety and quality management". Foodqualitynews.com. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- Whitworth, Joe (2015-04-08). "Mérieux NutriSciences acquires ABC Research Laboratories". Foodqualitynews.com. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- "Mérieux NutriSciences s'implante en Israël". Acteursdeleconomie.latribune.fr. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "Mérieux NutriSciences expands environmental services in Italy". Foodnavigator.com.
- "Mérieux NutriSciences hits 21 countries with acquisition in Chile". Foodnavigator.com.
- "Article". Foodingredientsfirst.com.
- "Mérieux NutriSciences expands footprint in India". Foodnavigator-asia.com.
- Bourse, Zone. "Mérieux NutriSciences : finalise l'acquisition de CNTA SAC | Zone bourse". Zonebourse.com.
- "Mérieux NutriSciences acquires Institut Kirchhoff". Foodvalley.nl. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "Acquisition of Institut Kirchhoff by Merieux NutriSciences". Capitalmind.com. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "Mérieux NutriSciences neemt KTBA over • De Molenaar". Demolenaar.nl. July 2, 2019. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "Mérieux NutriSciences fait l'acquisition de l'italien EcamRicert". Partenaire-europe.com. July 4, 2019.
- "Mérieux NutriSciences to acquire majority stake in Acumen Scientific Sdn. Bhd". Nuffoodsspectrum.asia.
- "Mérieux NutriSciences renforce sa présence en Europe avec l'acquisition d'Advanced Laboratory Testing (ALT) en Irlande". www.gazettelabo.fr. Retrieved 2020-01-03.