MTR Gaming Group
MTR Gaming Group, Inc. was a gaming company based in Chester, West Virginia that operated horse racing tracks and racinos. On September 19, 2014, it merged with Eldorado Holdco LLC, forming Eldorado Resorts, Inc.
The properties owned and operated by MTR Gaming at the time of its acquisition were:
- Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack and Resort − Chester, West Virginia
- Presque Isle Downs and Casino − Summit Township, Erie County, Pennsylvania
- Scioto Downs Racino − Columbus, Ohio
Properties previously owned by the company include:
- Binion's Gambling Hall and Hotel − Las Vegas, Nevada − Acquired from Harrah's Entertainment in 2005, sold to TLC Entertprises in 2008
- Jackson Harness Raceway − Jackson, Michigan - Closed 2008
- The Ramada Inn and Speedway Casino − North Las Vegas, Nevada − Sold to Ganaste in 2008.
- John Guerriero (September 20, 2014). "MTR Gaming merger with Eldorado now official". Erie Times-News. Retrieved 2014-11-27.
- Jackson Harness Raceway: It's still dead
- KNIGHTLY, ARNOLD M. (2008-01-18). "New Speedway owner has revival plans for NLV casino". Retrieved 2008-02-09.