Made in Basing Street
|Made in Basing Street|
|Studio album by Producers|
|Released||25 June 2012|
|Genre||Synthpop, new wave, rock, progressive rock|
|Label||The LAST Label|
|Producer||Chris Braide, Lol Creme, Trevor Horn, Steve Lipson, Ash Soan|
Made in Basing Street is the first album by the English supergroup Producers, now known as The Trevor Horn Band, released on June 25, 2012. As the album's name suggests, it was mainly recorded in the legendary SARM Studios (formerly known as 'Basing Street Studios') in Notting Hill, which is now owned by producer and Producers member Trevor Horn, and was used to record such famous albums as Led Zeppelin IV and Queen's News of the World.
Producers was formed in 2006 as a live act, allowing its members to play songs from their vast histories as record producers. They also wrote some new songs together (such as "Freeway" and "Barking Up The Right Tree") which they added to their live sets, before deciding to produce their own album. The album was originally announced as early as 2007 under the name Studio 1, when "Barking Up The Right Tree" was released as a single with "Freeway" as a B-Side on the Stiff Records label. It was later renamed Watching You Out There (the name of a song which appears on the final product). At one point, following Chris Braide's departure when the band briefly went by the name 'US', the band had planned a concept album entitled The Path of Sydney Arthur, which would have told the story of a man born on the same day as the 1969 moon landing. Made in Basing Street is the final product of these six years' work by the band. Though Chris Braide was no longer a member of the band by the time the album was completed, he receives writing and production credits on every track.
- "Freeway" - 5:14
- "Waiting for the Right Time" - 4:15
- "Your Life" - 6:26
- "Man on the Moon" - 4:02
- "Every Single Night in Jamaica" - 5:16
- "Stay Elaine" - 3:44
- "Barking up the Right Tree" - 3:21
- "Garden of Flowers" - 4:14
- "Watching You Out There" - 5:35
- "You and I" - 5:47
Disc Two (2CD Deluxe Edition)
- "Your Life" [Extended Version] - 7:40
- "Garden of Flowers" [Alternative Version, with guitar intro] - 5:53
- "Seven" - 3:50
- "There's Only So Much You Can Do" - 3:29
- "Freeway" [Extended Version] - 12:08 (actually 6:46, as it also includes a hidden bonus track: a live instrumental version of "Two Tribes - 4:50)
- Lol Creme: guitars, marimba, bass, backing vocals, keyboards, percussion
- Ash Soan: drums, percussion; acoustic guitar (7)
- Stephen Lipson: guitars, mandolin, percussion, programming; backing vocals (1); bass (4); vocals (7)
- Trevor Horn: bass, backing vocals; lead vocals (3,5,8); acoustic guitar (3); vocoder (5); marimba (8)
- Chris Braide: vocals, keyboards; acoustic guitar (2); glockenspiel (3)
- Geoff Downes: organ, keyboards, Rhodes, piano
- Ryan Molloy: vocals (1, 4, 6); backing vocals (2, 3)
- Luís Jardim: percussion (3, 7)
- Simon Bloor: glockenspiel (8)
- Kirsten Joy: backing vocals (1)
- Kate Westall: backing vocals (1)
- Lucy Monaghan: "giggle girl" (6)
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2012)|
- The Producers: At The Moment Archived 2012-04-02 at the Wayback Machine.. ZTT.com. December 11, 2008.
- Performer. Trevorhorn.com.
- The Path. Video by Sydney Arthur. Uploaded to Myspace on March 7, 2009.