Magfar Ahmed Chowdhury
Early life and education
Participation in Liberation war
Azad was a member of the famous urban guerrilla group Crack Platoon and participated in several operations with other guerrilla fighters in Crack Platoon. In an operation, this guerrilla group executed explosions on Hotel Intercontinental. After this incident, Azad was captured by Pakistan Army.
Apprehension and death
Pakistan Army raided Azad's house in Dilu Road on August 29, 1971 at midnight. He was arrested and taken to Martial law Court which was, in reality, the MP Hostel at Airport Road. Azad was brutally tortured and killed there.
- A reminiscence by Jahanara Imam published in "১৯৭১, ভয়াবহ অভিজ্ঞতা", by Rashid Haider, published by জাতীয় সাহিত্য প্রকাশনী, 2nd edition, 1989 p. 161.
- Diya, Sabhanaz Rashid (September 2006). "Maa". Rising Stars. The Daily Star.
- A writing by Anisul Hoque.
- Rashid, Harun Ur (17 December 2004). "Gallant Urban Guerrillas of 1971". Star Weekend Magazine. The Daily Star.
- A reminiscence by Abul Barak Alvi published in "১৯৭১, ভয়াবহ অভিজ্ঞতা", by Rashid Haider, published by জাতীয় সাহিত্য প্রকাশনী, 2nd edition, 1989 p. 164.