Hoque in 2017
4 March 1965
Rangpur District, East Pakistan, Pakistan
|Occupation||Journalist, writer, editor|
|Education||BSc in Civil engineering|
|Notable works||Maa (Mother)|
|Notable awards||full list|
Early life and education
Hoque was born in Rangpur in 1965 to Mofazzal Hoque and Mst Anwara Begum. He was the student of Rangpur PTI primary school. He passed SSC exam from Rangpur Zilla School in 1981 and HSC exam from Rangpur Carmichael College in 1983. He graduated from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), trained as a civil engineer.
Hoque's inspiration in journalism and writing started during his student life. After his graduation, he joined to serve as a government employee but resigned only after 15 days. Instead, he started working as a journalist. He attended the International Writing Program at the University of Iowa in 2010. Currently, Hoque is working as an associate editor of a Bengali language daily Prothom Alo and the editor of monthly youth magazine Kishor Alo.
Hoque is married to Marina Yasmin. They have a daughter, Padya Paramita.
- Khola Chithi Sundarer Kachhe
- Ami Achhi Amar Anale
- Jalrang Padya
- Asale Ayur Cheye Baro Shaadh Tar Akash Dekhar
- Tomake Bhabna Kori
- Tomake Na Paoar Kabita (2013) by Prothoma
- Ondhokarer Eksho Bochhor (1995)
- Kheya (The Ferryboat) (1996)
- Fand (Trap) (1997)
- Bristibondhu (The Rain Friend) (1997)
- Amar Ekta Dukhkho Achhe (I have a Sorrow) (1999)
- Se (The Person) (2002)
- Maa (Mother) (2003)
- Abar Tora Kipte Ho 
- Dushwapner Jatri (2006) ISBN 984-458-532-5
- Khuda o Bhalobashar Galpo
- Nandini (2006) ISBN 984-437-341-7
- Alo Andhokare Jai (2007)
- Dhukhpari Shukhpari (Fairy of Sadness Fairy of Happiness)
- Trap (translated from Bengali to English by Inam Ahmed, published by Indian Age, ISBN 819-069-563-0)
- Naal Piran (Red Shirt)
- Korimon Bewa
- Ghure Daranor Swapno
- No Man's Land
- Nikhoj Shongbad
- Radio Chocolate 69.0 FM
Film script writer
- Bachelor, 2004 
- Made in Bangladesh (directed by Mostofa Sarwar Farooki)
- Third Person Singular Number
- Swapnodanay (On the Wings of Dreams) (2007)
- Television (film) (2013) with director Mostofa Sarwar Farooki
- Bangla Academy Literary Award (2011) 
- CitiBank Ananda Alo Award for Best Novel (2009)
- Khalekdad Chowdhury Literature Award 1415
- Television, a film script jointly written by Mostofa Sarwar Farooki and Anisul Hoque, has received Asian Cinema Fund (script development), provided by South Korea's Pusan Film Festival
- Euro Shishu Shahitya Award (2006)
- BACHSAS Award for Best Screenplay
- TENASINAS Award for Best Screenplay
- "Bangla Academy prizes announced". bdnews24.com. 2012-02-18. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Anisul HOQUE". iwp.uiowa.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-11.
- "Ki Anando kicks off". The Daily Prothom Alo. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Anisul Hoque. Maa. ISBN 984-458-422-1.
- Anisul Hoque. Abar Tora Kipte Ho. ISBN 984-458-455-8.
- "Bachelor's Progress: An encounter with director Mostafa Sarwar Farooki and writer Anisul Hoque". Star Weekend. The Daily Star. January 9, 2004.