|Founded by||Great Lord Sant Sri Guru Mahalingeshwara Jagadgurugalu|
|• Total||27 km2 (10 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,100/km2 (5,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KA 48 , KA 29|
Mahalingpur or Mahalingapura in Kannada is a town in the Bagalkot district in the Indian state of Karnataka. Agriculture and weaving are the primary industries. Prior name is Naragatti becomes Mahalingpur after the gracious appearance of Lord Mahalingeshwara. People speak typical Kannada, understand Marathi, English and Hindi. The city is known for its picturesque surroundings and pleasant climate. The Ghataprabha River flows through Nandagaon from its source, which lies to the southwest of the city, in Kudala sangam gets joins with Krishna. Mahalingpur is the most commercial city in Bagalkot district gold, jaggery and saris are common marketing stuffs.
As of 2011[update] India census, Mahalingpur had a population of 69870 Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Mahalingpur has an average literacy rate of 58%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 68%, and female literacy is 48%. In Mahalingpur, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age. Transportation is very poor, Mudhol is thought the Talluk but nobody has initiated the development of this peaceful and pleasant place. Mahalingpur is one of the green and clean city and it is the third highest population city in Bijapur and Bagalkot dist.
K.L.E Polytechnic,K.L.E Degree Arts & D.D.Shirol Commerce college for Arts commerce And science,Jaycee English Medium Primary and High school[one of the best school ], CK Chinchali Primary School, Basavanand high School, Government School of Primary education. Job Oriented courses: ITI, Polytechnic(Diploma.Engg),D.Ed, Nursery Training course.
- K.L.E Degree college for Arts and D.D.Shirol commerce college
- K.L.E Polytechnic.
- Government Jr. COllege for Arts and Commers.
- Pragati TTI(D.Ed college ) Apmc Mahalingapur
- Gayatridevi BBA and BCA College
- Gayatridevi PU and college
- VIVEKANAND ITI (APMC) MAHALINGPUR.
- Dr.vanahalli homoeopathic pharmacy college.
- Basavanand primary & high school.
- Mahalingapur Public School ICSE Syllabus
- C. K. Chinchali Primary and High School.(kan & eng Medium).
- K.L.E primary, secondary, high school, college.
- Pragati Prymari school & high school
- K J Somaiya English Medium Primary and High school(CBSC)
- K J Somaiya Kannada Medium Primary and High school
- Jaycee English Medium Primary and High school
- wagadevi pre primary school
- P C Gaddigowdar MP
- Arun Shahapur MLC
- Smt Umashree MLA
Banks In Mahalingpur town
- State Bank of India
- Karnataka Bank ltd
- Yes Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- State bank of Mysore
- Canara bank
- Corporation Bank
- HDFC bank
- Central bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- IDBI Bank
- AXIS Bank
- Union Bank of India
- ICICI Bank
- Sanganatti(National park)
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.