Main station (CTA)
|Chicago 'L' rapid transit station|
|Location||836 Chicago Avenue|
Evanston, Illinois 60202
|Owned by||Chicago Transit Authority|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||CTA and Pace buses,|
|Opened||May 16, 1908|
|Passengers (2017)||385,064 1.7% (CTA)|
|Rank||119 out of 143|
Main is a station on the Chicago Transit Authority's 'L' system, on the Purple Line at 836 Chicago Avenue in Evanston, Illinois (directional coordinates 900 north, 732 west). It is near the Main Street stop of Metra's Union Pacific/North Line.
The current station has been in place since 1908, with only little renovation to the station since then, most notably a 90-foot extension of the platform in 1997 so that a motorman in the front car could see all doors stopped at the station (the platform had curved at one end previously). Main is one of the stations on the CTA's 2004-2008 Capital Improvement Plan.
Bus and rail connections
- 206 Evanston Circulator (school days only)
- 213 Green Bay Road (Monday–Saturday only)
Notes and references
- "Annual Ridership Report – Calendar Year 2017" (PDF). Chicago Transit Authority, Ridership Analysis and Reporting. January 31, 2018. Retrieved July 29, 2018.
Media related to Main (CTA) at Wikimedia Commons
- Train schedule (PDF) at CTA official site
- Main Street (Evanston Line) Station Page
- Main Street Station Page CTA official site
- Main Street Station Chicago Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This article relating to the Chicago Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|