|Directed by||Tinnu Anand|
|Produced by||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Written by||Robin Bhatt,|
|Music by||Anand Raj Anand|
|Cinematography||Ravi K. Chandran|
|Edited by||Prashant Khedekar,|
|Box office||₹23.22 Crore|
The plot concerns playboy Virendra Pratap Singh aka Vir (Ajay Devgn). A clause in the will of his wealthy father forces him to enter a military academy in order to inherit. Vir's repeated attempts to get himself discharged are foiled by Major Jasbir Singh Rana (Amitabh Bachchan). Then Virendra falls in love with Nisha (Sonali Bendre), the sister of a gangster named Shankar (Ashish Vidhyarthi). Shankar wants Nisha to marry the son of his friend Parshuram Bihari (Mohan Joshi) and hatches a plot to separate the couple, by pretending to accept Vir, however soon beats him up badly and attempts to break both his arms and legs. Major Jasbir then begins training Vir to regain his strength to fight those who wronged him and win Nisha back.
- Ajay Devgn as Virendra Pratap Singh aka 'Veer'
- Amitabh Bachchan as Maj. Jasbir Singh Rana
- Sonali Bendre as Nisha
- Nafisa Ali as Dr. Priya Rana
- Ashish Vidhyarthi as Shankar
- Mohan Joshi as Parshuram Bihari
- Shahbaaz Khan as Vicky
- Naveen Nischol as Brig. Satish Khurana
- Mushtaq Khan as Hanuman Prasad
- Avtar Gill as Commissioner of Police
- Dinesh Hingoo Special Appearance as Jai Singhaniya (Virendra's solicitor)
- Kulbhushan Kharbanda as Raja Thakur (Guest Appearance)
- Siddharth Ray
- Jasbir Thandi As Cadet Amrik singh
- Pradeep Rawat As Subeidar Singh
The film was a moderate success at the box office, it earned Rs.21 crores in India and was overall declared a hit by boxoffice-india. It was also the 9th highest-grossing film of the year (Bollywood films of 1998).
The music is composed by Anand Raj Anand and Aadesh Shrivastava. Lyrics are penned by Anand Raj Anand and Dev Kohli. Initially Anand Raj Anand wanted to sing the song 'Akeli Na Bazaar Jaya Karo' and 'Pyar Kiya toh Nibhana' by himself, but could not due to circumstances, about which he spoke in an interview. However, the whole album gained descent popularity and tracks like 'Akeli Na Bazaar jaya karo', 'Sona Sona' and 'Pyaar Kiya toh Nibhana' became hit. In 2017, the song 'Pyar kiya toh Nibhana' was recreated with Armaan Malik and Shruti Pathak as singers.
|1.||"Akeli Na Bazaar Jaya Karo"||Anand Raj Anand||Udit Narayan||05:49|
|2.||"Deewana Ban"||Anand Raj Anand||Sudesh Bhosle||03:18|
|3.||"Pyaar Tumse Karna Hai"||Anand Raj Anand||Alka Yagnik, Anand Raj Anand||04:50|
|4.||"Pyaar Kiya Toh Nibhana (I)"||Anand Raj Anand||Udit Narayan, Anuradha Paudwal||03:04|
|5.||"Pyaar Kiya Toh Nibhana (II)"||Anand Raj Anand||Anuradha Paudwal, Udit Narayan||03:04|
|6.||"Sona Sona"||Aadesh Shrivastav||Sudesh Bhosle, Sonu Nigam, Jaspinder Narula||06:48|
|7.||"Tere Pyar Mein"||Anand Raj Anand||Kumar Sanu||04:38|
- "Box Office 1998". Box Office India. 10 October 2012. Archived from the original on 10 October 2012.
- The Bollywood Dynasty (10 August 2014), Exclusive Interview of Music Director Anand Raj Anand, retrieved 20 November 2017 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- T-Series (23 February 2017), Kehta Hai Pal Pal Video | Sachiin J. Joshi, Alankrita Sahai | Armaan Malik, Shruti Pathak | Caesar, retrieved 20 November 2017 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)