Making Music (magazine)
||This article may contain improper references to self-published sources. (June 2015)|
|First issue||November/December 2004|
Making Music magazine is a bi-monthly lifestyle music magazine devoted to the recreational musician and all instruments and genres of music. Their tag line is "Better Living Through Recreational Music Making."
The magazine defines its purpose as follows: "Making Music magazine encourages recreational musicians to become more engaged in playing their instruments and to participate in the larger music making community."
Featured celebrities and cover stories
The magazine claims the following reader demographics:
Circulation: 35,000 Average age: 35+ Average income: $50,000+ 
Each issue follows this general format:
- Feature stories: Interviews with famous and not-so-famous recreational musicians and organizations, with a focus on the lifestyle benefits of playing and sharing music.
- Tips & Techniques: Guides to music theory for beginners and intermediate musicians, maintenance tips, good practice techniques, and how to play with others.
- Health issues: Advice on keeping the body in shape, health tools, ergonomic issues, music and memory, etc.
- Product Spotlights: New product features, plus in-depth guides to buying instruments and accessories.
The magazine employs a staff of 10:
- Antoinette Follett - Editor-In-Chief
- Cherie Yurco - Assistant Editor
- Ryan Connors - Social Media Manager
- Neil Connors - Online editor
- Chuck Schiele - Graphic Designer
- Jon Dufort - Web Manager
- Christopher Russo - Advertising Manager
- Sharon Fumano-Kyle - Accounts Payable
- Arturo Parrilla - Subscription Coordinator
- Connors, Neil (January 1, 2015). "About Us". Making Music. Retrieved June 22, 2015.
- http://www.makingmusicmag.com/backissues/09janfeb.html[dead link]