Robin Meade at Fort Benning, Georgia
|Born||Robin Michelle Meade
April 21, 1969
New London, Ohio, U.S.
|Occupation||Journalist, host, singer|
|Notable credit(s)||Lead news anchor for Morning Express with Robin Meade on Turner's HLN|
Robin Michelle Meade (born April 21, 1969) is the lead news anchor for HLN's morning show Morning Express with Robin Meade. Meade is a former Miss Ohio and began her broadcasting career with local stations in that state. She joined HLN in 2001. She has won a regional Emmy Award. Meade released a country music album in 2011 and a second one in 2013.
Meade grew up in New London, Ohio, and graduated from New London High School. She attended Malone University and Ashland University, where she majored in radio/television production, programming and performance and minored in political science. She graduated in 1991 with a major in programming and performance.
Meade began her career in broadcasting as a reporter at WMFD-TV in Mansfield, Ohio. She then worked as an anchor and reporter at WCMH-TV in Columbus, Ohio, and at WJW-TV in Cleveland. Later, she got a job in Miami, Florida as the morning news anchor of WSVN-TV's Today in Florida and also served as the station's noon anchor and health reporter.
She went on to work at NBC Chicago affiliate WMAQ-TV where she started anchoring the morning newscasts and then co-anchored the weekend newscasts and also served as a general assignment correspondent for the station. During her tenure with the NBC affiliate, she covered the 1996 Olympics, which included special reporting on the Centennial Olympic Park bombing.
She then joined HLN, then known as CNN Headline News. Meade anchored the network's coverage of Operation Enduring Freedom as well as that from Operation Iraqi Freedom in spring of 2003. She is based in CNN's world headquarters in Atlanta. Her first day on-air at HLN was September 11, 2001. Meade hosts Morning Express with Robin Meade on HLN on weekday mornings, along with Bob Van Dillen, Jennifer Westhoven and Mike Galanos.
She wrote a book titled Morning Sunshine!: How to Radiate Confidence and Feel It Too. It was released on September 10, 2009. She has referred to it as a "non-fiction / motivational / inspirational / how-to / autobiographical book." It debuted at No. 12 on the "Advice, How-To, and Miscellaneous" section of the New York Times Best Seller list.
On June 21, 2011, Meade released a country music album titled Brand New Day. A single, "Dirty Laundry," was released to country radio. Meade was featured on the cover of the January/February 2011 issue of Making Music magazine and in an article about her experiences with recreational music. Meade sang the "Star Spangled Banner" as part of the NASCAR Sprint Cup pre-race activities for the 2010 Toyota/Save Mart 350, the 2012 Coke Zero 400 and the 2013 Coca-Cola 600.
Meade won a regional Emmy Award for her efforts covering the 1995 collision between a school bus and a train in Fox River Grove, Illinois, that killed seven and injured more than 24 teenagers. She was nominated for a regional Emmy for her report on how to decrease chances of injury in survivable plane crashes.
In 2002, Meade was recognized by Lycos as one of the top 20 most popular television news personalities in the broadcast news industry. In 2004, she was voted "Sexiest Newscaster" by a Playboy.com online poll, with 40% of the vote (16,145 votes over a total of 40,380).
|US Country||US Heat|
|Brand New Day||
|Count On Me||
|2011||"Dirty Laundry"||Brand New Day|
|2013||"Get Up"||Count On Me|
Meade married Tim Yeager on November 6, 1993.
- Leggett, Steve. "About Robin Meade". Country Music Television. Viacom. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "Mansfield woman new Miss Ohio". Toledo Blade. Associated Press. June 15, 1992. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "Florida woman crowned Miss America". The Day. Associated Press. September 20, 1992. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "CNN Newscaster Got Her Start At WMFD". WMFD-TV. 10 May 2005. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "Robin Meade". CNN. Turner Broadcasting System. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Robin Meade’s Morning Sunshine! a NY Times Best Seller - TVNewser". Mediabistro.com. 2009-09-26. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- Schatz, Aaron (2002-09-16). "Top TV News Personalities". The Lycos 50. Lycos. Retrieved 2006-12-06.
- "Hard News". Playboy.com. Retrieved 2006-12-06. Archived June 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "CNN TV - Anchors/Reporters:Robin Meade". Retrieved May 22, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Robin Meade.|
- Official Robin Meade Site
- Profile on CNN.com
- Morning Express blog with posts by Robin and the crew
- Robin's weekly podcast feed
- Robin Meade on IMDb
|Awards and achievements|