Malkajgiri railway station
|Express train and Passenger train station|
Malkajgiri Railway station
|Elevation||534 ft (163 m)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||South Central Railway zone|
|Structure type||On Ground|
|Zone(s)||South Central Railway zone|
|Previous names||Nizam's Guaranteed State Railway|
Malkajgiri Railway Station is a railway station in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. It is a hub of commuter rail in Hyderabad suburban railway.Localities like Malkajgiri and Anandbagh are accessible from this station. The station is situated near the Sai Baba temple of Malkajgiri.
- Kacheguda - Akola Express
- Tirupati - Adilabad Krishna Express
- Ajanta Express
- Hyderabad - Ajmer Express
- Yesvantpur - Indore Express
- Nagarsol - Chennai Express
- Lucknow - Yesvantpur Express
- Jabalpur - Yesvantpur Express
- Kacheguda - Guntur Double Decker Express
There is also a proposal to halt four more express trains in this station due to increasing demands. The Seetaphalmandi-Malkajgiri chord line which was proposed was commenced its services from 2007. By this the commuters of BS line will be able to be connected with the rest of Hyderabad MMTS directly. The line is electrified
- Multi-Modal Transport System, Hyderabad (Under Construction)
- Bolarum - Secunderabad (BS Line)
- Malkajgiri - Moula-Ali - Kazipet
Due to a rapid rise in rail transport in Hyderabad, the Railway Board (India) had decided of a fourth railway terminal in addition to the existing ones at Secunderabad Railway Station, Kachiguda Railway Station and Hyderabad Railway Station.The board would decide after the proposals of Secunderabad and Hyderabad divisions.The Hyderabad division proposed the Malkajgiri railway station as the fourth rail terminal in Hyderabad.Even if the Railway Board does not consider the proposal of the Hyderabad division's bid for Malkajgiri as the fourth terminal, passengers of the division can benefit since the existing station at Malkajgiri will soon be transformed into a passenger terminal at an estimated cost of Rs.1 crore. Besides proposing the Malkajgiri station for the fourth terminal, the board is determined to transform the station into a passenger terminal at an estimated cost of Rs. 1 crore. Once the station transforms into a terminus, trains bound to Delhi from Bangalore and Mumbai could pass through the station without touching Secunderabad.
- "Krishna Express to halt at Malkajgiri from July 1". The Hindu. 30 January 2009. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Railway users meeting held". The Hindu. 24 June 2008. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Good news for city train commuters". The Hindu. 6 May 2007. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Proposal for the Fourth rail Terminal for Hyderabad". The Hindu. 21 June 2006. Retrieved 25 September 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Malkajgiri Railway station.|
- Malkajgiri railway station at the India Rail Info