|Owner(s)||Quality of Life Publications|
The Manchester Express was a free newspaper serving Manchester, New Hampshire, United States. The paper began publication as The Manchester Daily Express on May 22, 2006, and was published five days a week until February 27, 2008. The paper was then published on a weekly basis. The January 4, 2009, issue was the final issue.
Modeled on free daily commuter papers in larger cities, publisher Jody Reese wrote in a front-page article on the final day of daily production that the paper was unable to generate enough advertisement revenue to support daily publication. The paper also laid off two employees.
The Manchester Express was owned by Quality of Life Publications, the parent company of Hippo Press, which also produces the free arts and entertainment weekly paper, The Hippo, and other local publications.
- "Manchester Express of Oct. 26 - Nov. 1, 2009" (PDF), Manchester Express, 4 (43), 2009-11-01, retrieved 2009-11-09
- Jason Szep (2009-11-09). "Ice storms knock power out across NY, New England". Reuters. Retrieved 2009-11-09.
- "Manchester Express" advertising rate card" (PDF). Manchester Express. Fall 2006. Retrieved 2009-01-06.[dead link]
- "Manchester Express of 4 January 2009" (PDF). Manchester Express. 4 January 2009. Retrieved 5 January 2009.[dead link]
- "Manchester Express of 27 February 2008" (PDF). Manchester Express. 27 February 2008. Retrieved 25 February 2009.[dead link]