Mandarin Oriental, Miami
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mandarin Oriental, Miami|
|Location||500 Brickell Key Drive|
|Management||Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group|
|Height||74.37 m (244.0 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Number of rooms||295|
|Number of suites||31|
|Number of restaurants||Azul |
La Mar by Gaston Acurio
MO Bar + Lounge
Mandarin Oriental, Miami is a hotel located on Brickell Key in Miami, Florida, overlooking Biscayne Bay. The 326-room waterfront hotel opened in November 2000 and is managed by Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. In addition to the 295 guestrooms and 31 suites, the hotel operates the restaurants Azul, La Mar by Gaston Acurio, and MO Bar + Lounge. Additional hotel features include a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa, private beach, sushi and pool bar, and events facilities.
Mandarin Oriental, Miami is located on the southern tip of Brickell Key, a 44 acres (18 ha), man-made island, looking onto Biscayne Bay. The island was built in 1943 and today is home to numerous commercial and residential buildings. Due to the lack of natural beach along the island’s edge, Mandarin Oriental, Miami brought in 260 tons of white sand from Lake Welles in Orlando to build the hotel’s private beach, More than 3,500 Visitors Participate in Real Estate Finance Conference..
The hotel contains 295 guestrooms and 31 suites with balconies and terraces overlooking Biscayne Bay, the Atlantic Ocean and Miami skyline. In addition to the 326 guestrooms, the hotel operates two restaurants, a bar and lounge, as well as a Five-Star spa, private beach, sushi and pool bar, and 15,000 sq ft (1,400 m2) of events facilities.
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami is the only Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa in Florida. The facility spans 15,000 square feet (1,400 m2) across three floors of the hotel and contains 17 treatment rooms, six of which are VIP suites with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Biscayne Bay. The spa offers a range of treatments from massages to Traditional Chinese Medicine Signature therapies. In addition to the treatments, the spa offers Pilates, yoga, T'ai chi, Qigong and belly dancing classes as well.
- Azul: the hotel’s signature restaurant serves international cuisine with Asian influences overlooking Biscayne Bay
- La Mar: Peruvian restaurant from Gaston Acurio.
- MO Bar + Lounge: waterfront bar serving handcrafted cocktails overlooking Biscayne Bay and the Miami skyline
Additional services and facilities
- Oasis Beach Club: a 20,000-square-foot (1,900 m2) private white sand beach overlooking Biscayne Bay with day beds, an infinity-edge swimming pool and jacuzzi, spa cabanas and sushi & pool bar 
- Meeting & event space: 15,000 square feet (1,400 m2) of conference and banquet space, with multiple meeting rooms and a 7,900-square-foot (730 m2) ballroom
- Shanghai Tang: located at the lobby level is a retail outlet of Shanghai Tang, the international clothing and accessory company
- The only spa in Florida to receive the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award for 2010 (Forbes Travel Guide 2010)
- Conde Nast Traveler’s 2010 “Gold List” of World’s Best Places to Stay (Condé Nast Traveler Gold List, January 2010)
- World’s Best Business Hotels in Miami (Travel + Leisure Guide to The World’s Best Hotels, January 2009)
- No. 9 in Top 10 US Hotels, No. 13 in Top 20 US Business Hotels, No. 5 in Top 10 US Spas (Reader’s Choice Platinum List, Celebrated Living, Summer 2009)
- The Spa recognized as No. 4 in The Americas & No. 15 in The World’s Top 25 (Readers’ Spa Awards 2009, Condé Nast Traveller UK Spa Awards, February 2009)
- Azul restaurant selected No. 1 Mediterranean cuisine in Miami/South Florida, No. 1 in Brickell Key and Downtown Area, No. 1 Trendy Destination (Zagat Survey, 2009)
- “Best Wine Service” award for Azul restaurant in the magazine’s special Restaurant issue (Miami Magazine, August 2009)
- No. 1 Best Urban Hotel, No. 1 Best Hotel Spa, No. 1 Best Hotel Restaurant for Azul, No. 1 Best Asian for Café Sambal, No. 2 Best Romantic Getaway, No. 2 Most Romantic Restaurant for Azul (Readers’ Choice South Florida’s Finest survey – Best of South Florida, Miami Herald, May 17, 2009)
- Brickell Key, also known as Claughton Island, is a man-made, 44 acres (18 ha) island in Biscayne Bay built in 1943
- 260 tons of sand was hauled down from Lake Welles in Orlando to build the hotel’s private beach
- The hotel’s curved architecture reflects Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s signature fan logo
- The hotel’s unique fan depicts a Chinese social gathering with an azul blue background and ivory sticks (Circa 19th Century)
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami is the only spa in Florida and one of 13 spas in the United States to have been awarded the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Azul restaurant serves one of the few Hennessy Timeless Cognacs produced in 1998, which sells for USD 450 a shot
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
- Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
- Mandarin Oriental, New York
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami at Emporis
- "Overview". Mandarinoriental.com. 2011-06-23. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Hotel Fact Sheet". Mandarinoriental.com. 2011-06-23. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Some Facts You May Not Know". Mandarinoriental.com. 2011-06-23. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "2010 Five-Star Hotel, Restaurant and Spa Award Winners". Forbes Travel Guide. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami – Luxury Miami Urban Day Spa". Mandarinoriental.com. 2011-06-23. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Luxurious Miami Spa Treatments at Mandarin Oriental Miami". Mandarinoriental.com. 2011-06-23. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami – Miami Hotel Restaurants, Bar, Lounge and Nightlife". Mandarinoriental.com. 2011-06-23. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Mandarin Oriental Miami Luxury Hotel Vacation Facilities". Mandarinoriental.com. 2011-06-23. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Miami Attractions and Activities – Things To Do and See, Shopping In Miami". Mandarinoriental.com. 2011-01-09. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami – News". Mandarinoriental.com. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Mobil Travel Guide: The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami". Forbestravelguide.com. 2006-02-06. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- http://stars.mobilinternationalratings.com/stars/content.cfm?content=info&selPropType=spas[permanent dead link]