Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mandinka, Mandika, Mandinkha, Mandinko, or Mandingo may refer to:
In culture and history
- the Mandinka people of West Africa
- Mandingo Wars (1883–1898), series of armed conflicts between France and the Wassoulou Empire of the Mandingo people led by Samory Touré
- Wassoulou Empire, also known as the Mandinka Empire
- Madinkha, a term meaning the eastern world in Syriac
- Madinkhaya, an eastern variant of the Syriac alphabet.
- Mandingo (actor), a male African American pornographic performer and director
In art, entertainment and media
- Mandingo (film), a 1975 film based on the eponymous 1957 novel
- Mandingo fighting, a fictional form of slave fighting (a reference to the film Mandingo) in Tarantino's Django Unchained
- Mandingo (novel), a bestselling novel originally published in 1957
- Mandingo (play), a play by Jack Kirkland
- "Mandinka" (song), by Sinéad O'Connor from her 1987 album The Lion and the Cobra
- Mandingo (band), a world-beat electro-funk band (four albums 1972-1975), with Geoff Love.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mandinka.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.