From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up mandrake (disambiguation) in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Mandrake is a poisonous herbaceous plant in the genus Mandragora, often connected with magical rituals.
Mandrake may also refer to:
- Mandragora (genus), a genus in the Solanaceae family, including
- Bryonia alba, English mandrake or white bryony
- Podophyllum peltatum, American mandrake, a North American plant in the Berberidaceae family
In media and entertainment
- "Mandrake", a long-established social diary in The Daily Telegraph newspaper, edited by Tim Walker. The column was shut down amid a wave of redundancies in 2014.
- Mandrake, a short-lived mascot at the University of Oregon
- Mandrake the Magician, a comic strip character
- Caleb Mandrake, a character in The Skulls (film), a feature length film by Rob Cohen about a fictional secret society based on the Skull and Bones society
- Group Captain Lionel Mandrake, a character in Stanley Kubrick's film Dr. Strangelove
- John Mandrake (Nathaniel), a character from the Bartimaeus Trilogy
- Paolo Mandrake, the lawyer and amateur detective who is the protagonist of stories by Rubem Fonseca and HBO's Mandrake (TV series) based on them
- Mandrake, a character in the animated feature Epic
- The Mandrake, a play by Niccolò Machiavelli
- Mandrake (album), a music album by Edguy
- Mandrake (band), a German gothic metal band
- Mandrake in the Corner, trombone concerto by Christian Lindberg
- The Mandrake's Cry, a song on Danzig's The Lost Tracks of Danzig
Film and television
- Mandrake Linux, former name of Mandriva Linux, a computer operating system
- Mandrake, the NATO designation for the Soviet aircraft Yakovlev Yak-25
- Mandragora (disambiguation), Mandragora being the Latin word for Mandrake
- The Mandrake (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mandrake.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.