This article does not cite any sources. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||GJ 19|
|Sex ratio||968 ♂/♀|
Mandvi is situated at an altitude of 50 meters and 113 km (Arial distance) from sea coast. The town is connected to surrounding towns by Roads. There are three State highways passing through the city. The average annual rain fall for the area is 67 inches.
Mandvi an ancient town was once a State of King Bhil with its capital at Pipalwada. Mandvi was predominantly tribal area. After independence, Mandvi became an integral part of old Bombay State. When Bombay State was bifurcated, this area came under newly formed Gujarat. Town Mandvi is well known for the art of Carpentry, Blacksmith work and handloom based village industry. In Mandvi Residential land use pattern is predominated in the inner part of city. Commercial land use is broadly mixed type and it has mainly retails shop and general groceries stores. The town can be divided in two parts. Left side part can be considered developing area and right side part is undeveloped when we do a relative study with the local development scene. On other part of the town area slum area, agriculture land, waste land and hilly area are present.
Premshankar Bhatt a prominent social worker, freedom fighter was the son of Mandvi who contributed in educating tribal kids of the southern tribal belt and started NGO in name of 'Dakshin Gujarat Adivasi Sevamandal'. Today his statue stands in the Mandvi Garden and you can see that while entering main town of Mandvi.
There are Two Prime schools, One is The Mandvi Highschool Mandvi and another is Shri V f Highschool Mandvi. There are several Colleges in Mandvi Town: Babubhai B. Avichal Arts and Commerce College, Mandvi, Priyadarshini College of Fine Arts, Mandvi, as well as recently opened BBA and MBA Colleges. Mandvi is an Educational hub for near by villages. Priyadarshini College of fine Arts Mandvi is a unique Govt. of Gujarat 100% Grant in Aid college. In art line the no.1 college in Gujarat, lots of tribe children come for learn the art and become a professional artist.
Nearby Adivasi Ashrams
Nearby Mandvi town there is a prominent Adivasi Ashramshalla run by Dakshin Gujarat Adivasi Sevamandal formed then by Shri Premshankar Bhattt a prominent freedom fighter, strong gandhian follower, known as gandhi of dang due to his dedication to social work and honesty. His daughter Urmillaben Bhatt was known as white nun a mother Teresa of the region because of her selfless dedication in bringing education awareness in adivasi tribal kids.
Nearby Markets and urban societies
In Mandvi , there are 2 markets navi market and juni market . further more there are societies near a bus station such as dahya park society and p.n. park society which are most desirable in Mandvi.
Politics in Mandvi
BJP & Congress are the major political parties in this area.
Cinema Theaters in Mandvi
Nandan multiplex Theater
Petrol Pumps in Mandvi
Essar Petrol Pump
Dc Shah Petrol Pump
Mandvi Petrol pump
HP PETROL PUMP - MAA SHAKTI PETROLEUM
HOW TO REACH Mandvi
There is no airport near to Mandvi. How ever Surat airport is major airport 56 KM near to Mandvi.
There is no railway station near to Mandvi. How ever Surat Rail Way Station is major railway station 56 KM near to Mandvi.
There is big bus station in Mandvi . which is only way to connect surrounded local and national places .
Nearby tourist places
- Broken bridge (Bhangelo pul)
- Kevadi (echo tourism center ) – Kevdi is a well-stocked forest ecotourism site situated on the route connecting Jambughoda Sanctuary and Ratanmahal Sanctuary. It has a wonderful location as it is situated at the bank of a river. It comes under the Chhota Udepur forest division. It is located 14 km from the Kanjeta Eco Campsite. The site is rich in biodiversity. Sloth bear, panther, hyena, giant flying squirrel are often sighted at the site. The nearby tribal communities depend heavily on forests and forestry activities. It is developed as an eco-tourism site due to the feel that it provides of rich forests and biodiversity. The main attraction of the campsite is the flying squirrel which can be spotted in the evening and the sloth bears.
- Orientation Centre
- Tented accommodations only with separate bathing & toilet facilities
- Separate kitchen & dining places
- Tapi garden
- Dutt mandir (known for secret story of queen)
- Rameshwar (on the bank of Tapti River 4 km east from Mandvi)