Mangala Dosha (IAST: Maṅgala-doṣa), also known as Mangal Dosh because of schwa deletion, is a Hindu superstition prevalent in India. A person born under the influence of Mars (Mangala) as per Hindu astrology is said to have "mangala dosha" ("mars defect"); such a person is called a Mangalika (or Manglik). According to the superstition, the marriage between a Manglik and a non-Manglik is disastrous.
People who believe in this superstition think that a Mangalik person will cause their non-manglik spouse's early death. To prevent this disaster, the person may be married to a tree (such as banana or peepal), an animal, or an inanimate object. This mock marriage custom has different names depending on the "spouse" used in the ceremony; for example, if the person is married to a clay pot (kumbha), the ceremony is called "kumbh-vivah" ("wedding with a pot"). It is believed that all the evil effects resulting from the Mangala Dosha befall on the mock "spouse": the person is thus freed from the consequences of being a Mangalik, and their subsequent marriage to a human is expected to be a happy one.
MANGLIK DOSH IDENTIFICATION
- Manglik Dosh is identified by reading an individuals Birth Chart .Manglik Dosh is primarily formed by Planet Mangal ( Mars ) . Planet Mangal (Mars ) forms Manglik dosh in a natives chart if Mangal is placed in 1st , 4th , 7th, 8th or 12th house .
- Planet Mangal (Mars ) is one of the nine celestial planets and often depicted as a god with a red hot body . Mangal is known as a Senapati( commander ) of all the planets in astrology .Mangal rules the Mesh Rashi (Aries), Vrsichika Rashi (Scorpio) Brahminji . Mangal is the Nakshatra lord of Dhanishta, Mrigshira,and Chitra Nakshatra . Mangal is known as a Senapati( commander ) of all the planets.
- Mangal ( Mars ) represents anger , ambition, strength , impulsive nature , brothers , valor, soldiers ,military , engineers ,surgeons, land ,lover of weapons , guns , commanders, Tuesdays, eyesights , accidents, war, passion ,conflict, passion , desire , protector of dharma , sacred path ,insensitiveness .
- The Coral stone( Moonga ) is used in treating Mangal Dosh ( Manglik Dosh) . Proper consultation, Proper selection of stone, Proper weight and Proper energization must be considered before buying or wearing a Coral Gemstone.
- K. Anand (1965). "An Analysis of Matrimonial Advertisements". Sociological Bulletin. Indian Sociological Society. 14 (1): 69. doi:10.1177/0038022919650106. JSTOR 42864633.
- Shalu Nigam (29 August 2019). Women and Domestic Violence Law in India: A Quest for Justice. Taylor & Francis. p. 291. ISBN 978-1-00-069203-7.
- Eleni Gage (2018). Lucky in Love: Traditions, Customs, and Rituals to Personalize Your Wedding. Crown Publishing Group. pp. 34–35. ISBN 978-0-525-57390-6.
- Roy Bainton (2016). The Mammoth Book of Superstition: From Rabbits' Feet to Friday the 13th. Little, Brown Book Group. pp. 312–313. ISBN 978-1-4721-3747-0.
- Alisha Haridasani Gupta (9 July 2020). "The True Story of My Marriage to a Pot". New York Times. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- Himanshu Shangari (14 Dec 2021). "MANGLIK DOSH NIVARAN BRAHMINJI".