Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Mahesh Dattani|
|Produced by||Sanjeev Shah|
|Written by||Mahesh Dattani|
(story & screenplay)
|Music by||Amit Heri|
Mango Soufflé is a 2002 Indian film written and directed by Mahesh Dattani. The film stars Atul Kulnani and Rinkie Khanna. It was promoted as "first gay male film from India" and was adapted from Dattani's own successful English play On a Muggy Night in Mumbai.
This movie begins when a gay fashion designer Kamlesh (Ankur Vikal) recovering from his recently ended relationship calls some of his friends over for dinner to make a special announcement about his personal life. But then Kamlesh's sister (Rinke Khanna) enters the party with her fiancé (Atul Kulkarni), a man with a secret.
The movie includes skinny-dipping, hot summer kisses and an unexpected secret. It's a complete drama comedy about a group of gay Indian men.
The movie was produced by Lotus Piktures. Mahesh Dattani debuts as the director of the movie. Naseeruddin Shah's daughter Heeba also played a small role. Most of the movie is shot on a farmhouse outside Bangalore with large windows overlooking a mango grove.
- Rinke Khanna as Kiran
- Darius Taraporewal as Father of Kiran and Kamlesh
- Veena Sajnani as Mother of Kiran and Kamlesh
- Ankur Vikal as Kamlesh
- Atul Kulkarni as Ed (Edwin Prakash)
- Mahmood Farooqui as Maqsood
- Pooja as Maid
- Faredoon Dodo Bhujwala as Sharad
- Heeba Shah as Deepali
- Shunori Ramanathan as Girl (as Shenori Ramnathan)
- Mikhail Sen as Boy
- Kalyanraman as Bride's Father
- Shilpa M. as Bride
- Suma Sudhindra as Bride's Mother
- Manek Shah as Boy on the Road
- Sanjit Bedi as Bunny Singh
- Denzil Smith as Ranjith
- U.K. Jayadev as Groom's Father
- Rubi Chakravarthy as Groom's Mother
- Paul as Groom
- "Mango Souffle (2003)". Review Summary. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
|This article related to an Indian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film with a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender theme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|