20 October 1967 |
|Occupation||Poet, script writer for,
|Subject||Post modernism, Realism,|
Manmohan Acharya is a poet and lyricist from India. His Sanskrit poems and lyrics have been put to music and danced to in the Odissi classical Indian dance form. A devotional song from his Gitamohanam is featured in the 2009 Bollywood movie, The Desire. He is also a researcher and published author.
His poetry includes the following works:
- Gita-bhaaratam(lyrics). A compilation of patriotic songs.
- Gita milindam (lyrics) consists of 15 songs (gunjans) with different rhythms.
- Palli-panchaasika (1987) - a Sanskrit minor poem (Khaṇḍakāvya)
- Subhasa-charitam - in Mahakavya style
- Sri Sivananda-Laharika - in Kāvya style
He has written dance dramas including:
- Divya-Jayadevam 
- Sistaachaara (Book)
- Maagha And Bhanja in Picture Poetry(Book)
- Indian Trend of Human Rights
- An Algebraic Operation in Vedic Mathematics ;
- Sharadindu-sundara-ruchih devi, Vani vaa Shakti-ruupini ;
- Sixty Four Arts, A Study ;
- Contribution of Sanskrit in Advancement of Oriya Language ;
- An Encyclopedic Dictionary Of Yajurvedic Upanishads (Book)
- Vedic Research In Orissa during 20th Century ;
- Mind in Shiva-samkalpa hymn, A psycho-philosophical Analysis
- Bhaarata-pamkaja-dalamidam Utkal-mandala-miti viditam yat ;
- Description of Heart in Upanisads
- Concept of Human Rights in Vedic Tradition;
- Vedic Trend of Human Rights vrs. Varna- Ashrama System ;
- Financial Emergency : Kautilya's Arthashastra vis-a-vis Indian Constitution;
- Kavivara- Bhaarata-varsham Shrauta-puraatanamaarsham ;
- Tarka Vaachaspati Madhusudan Mishra, A study
- Map of Puranic India
- Sanskrit Eloquency Award, Vikram University, Ujjain, M.P.,1990
- Vanikavi Award from Vanivinodi Parishad, Utkal University,1991
- Doctor of Philosophy from Sri Jagannath Sanskrit University, 2003
- Gita-Saarasa Award from Christ College, Cuttack administration,05.02.2005
- Delhi Sanskrit Academy Award for instant poem writing, 2007
- Ananda Bharadvaja Sammanah, 2007
- Lokakavyanidhi Award,from All India Lokabhasa Prachara Samiti,Puri, 2008
- Bharata-Bharati-Samman from National Sanskrit Sahitya Academy, 2009
- Abhinava Jayadeva Samman, 2009,Bhaktakavi Sri Jayadeva Samaroha samiti
- Sanskrit Sangeet Nataka Academy Award, 2010
- Fellowship of Vachaspati from SARASWATI Research Institute
- Chinta Chetana National Baisakhi Award, 2012
- "Odissi dance to feature in Bollywood film 'The Desire". Kalinga Times. 27 January 2009. Archived from the original on 3 January 2010. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Venkat, Lalitha. "The 17th edition of Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra Award Festival". narthaki.com. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- Panda, Namita (14 September 2011). "Curtains on music, dance festival". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India).
- Kothari, Sunil. "Samrachana: Choreography Festival of Dance". narthaki.com. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "A time to remember: The Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra Award festival in Bhubaneswar". The Hindu. 26 September 2008. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- Dahale, Kirti. "Review: Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra Award Festival 2008". Nathaka.com. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Panda, Namita (7 September 2010). "Spirit of homage". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India).
- Shishtaachaara,pub.Jayadev Institute of Oriental Research,Cuttack,1999,
- Bahitra,Bhanja Research Journal, Bhanjanagar, Orissa,1998
- Proceedings of World Sanskrit Conference, Vol-1, Part-II, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rastriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha(Deemed University), New Delhi-110016,
- Proceedings of Research Papers, IX Sessional Conference, 2000, All Orissa Association of College Teachers in Sanskrit, Page-45
- Vasundharaa, Research Journal, Orissa Sanskrit Academy, Bhubaneswar, Vol-II, Page-46, 2003
- Dharitri, XXXth Annual Edition, 2003, page-25
- The Samaj, Oriya Daily, Dt.10.08.2003
- Published by K.Mohapatra, Advocate, Orissa High Court, Cuttack, 2005
- Souvenir, XXXIIth All India Oriental Conference, Sampurnananda Sanskrit University, Varanasi, 2004
- Proceedings of U.G.C. Seminar, G.S.College, Athagarh, India, 2008
- The Samaj, Oriya Daily, Sunday Special Issue, Dt.14.03.2004
- http://www.orientaliaparthenopea.org/VISHVESHVARANAND.pdf[dead link]
- Samskruta Mandaakini, Lokabhasa Prachara Samiti, 2007, Page-69
- Proceedings of U.G.C. Seminar,Udala College, Mayurbhanj, India, 2006
- Vanamala, Research Journal of Shrirangam, Kaviraja Banamali Das Commemoration Volume, 2009, page-76
- The Samaj, Oriya Daily, Sunday Special Issue, Dt.25.02.2007
- Vanajyostna, Annual Journal, Banki Autonomous College, India, 2001–2002
- http://samskrita.co.in/sanskritconfrence.php[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manmohan Acharya.|