This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The MapArt Publishing Corporation is a Canadian cartography publisher founded in 1981 by German immigrants Hartmut and Rita Schwerdt that produces and prints yearly editions of maps for Canada and the United States. Headquartered in Oshawa, Ontario, MapArt is Canada's leading map publisher, producing more Canadian titles than any of its competitors and all settlements with a population over 5000 in Canada are covered in various editions. Its signature yellow cover is seen throughout the country at filling stations, convenience stores, and general merchandising stores. As of 2013, MapArt no longer published maps, as it grouped up with Rand McNally Maps and JDMGEO Maps, to create CCC Maps.
- mapart. "Mapart Publishing - Online Source for Maps, Atlase". mapartpublishing.blogspot.com.
- "Map maker finds niche on the Internet". thestar.com. 22 March 2010.
- New home of MapArt Publishing Corporation launching March 2015
- MapArt's corporate website
- MapArt's exclusive Distributor in Canada
- MapMobility, One of MapArt's former cartographic developers
- Online interactive MapArt-style Golden Horseshoe map by MapMobility
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|