Marc P. Bernegger
|Marc P. Bernegger|
Marc P. Bernegger
Bernegger has been an active investor in several startups and serves on the board of multiple companies. In 2013, he founded Finance 2.0, the first FinTech conference in Switzerland. Currently, he is the owner of Bernegger Ventures; an investing firm established in 2007. He was called one of the "100 most successful Swiss under the age of 40" by BILANZ magazine. and one of "The 100 most influential technology investors in Europe" by Telegraph.
Early life and education
In 1999, when Bernegger was 20, he co-founded usgang.ch; a night-life platform. While operating the company, he joined University of Zurich for a master's degree in Law. After graduating from there, he worked as a lawyer for one year. In 2006, he co-founded Amiando, an online platform for event registration and ticketing. A year later, he founded Bernegger Ventures, through which he has invested in several startups.
Axel Springer acquired usgang.ch in 2008 for an undisclosed sum. In 2010, Amiando was awarded Global Technology Pioneer status by the World Economic Forum and was later sold to XING the same year. Afterwards he became partner, investment manager and advisory board member at the listed investment company Next Generation Finance Investment. The company went private in 2014 and was renamed Ayondo Holding, with Bernegger still serving as an advisor.
Bernegger has worked to support the development of entrepreneurship in Switzerland. He became a board member at Pioneer's Club PCU, a non-profit organization in order to promote exchange of experience between young and established entrepreneurs, in 2006. Through Bernegger Ventures, he has supported several startups.
In 2013, he co-founded, Finance 2.0, the first FinTech conference in Switzerland. A year later, he became a member of the board at Greater Zurich Area, which is the official investment promotion agency for the economic region of Zurich, Switzerland. Bernegger became a senior advisor and Ambassador of Switzerland at the Berlin-based fintech company builder FinLeap in 2015. In 2017 he became board member of the Swiss private banking boutique Falcon Private Bank.
Awards and honors
- 30 most important digital heads in Switzerland by Handelszeitung
- 100 most successful people under 40 in Switzerland by Bilanz
- Newcomer of the Year 2010 by Swiss ICT
- Technology Pioneer 2010 by the World Economic Forum (WEF)
- 100 most influential technology investors in Europe by Telegraph
- Vanessa, Tan (2 March 2012). "Amiando Co-Founder Marc Bernegger: Key Insights as a Serial Internet Entrepreneur". Techin Asia. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Marc Bernegger bringt Berliner Fintech Schmiede in die Schweiz". startupticker. 19 November 2015. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Fintech In Switzerland: Success As A Niche Player". fintechnews. 28 October 2015. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Exclusive Interview: Marc Bernegger of the Finance 2.0 Conference". news.bitcoin. 15 September 2015. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Marc P. Bernegger, Serial Web Entrepreneur and Fintech Investor". wefound.org. Retrieved 20 January 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "The 100 most influential technology investors in Europe". telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Business Clinics with Marc P Bernegger and Benjamin Joffe". jfdi.asia. 3 November 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "EURO FINANCE TECH Award 2015". Euro Finance Week. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- Rodolphe, Koller (12 April 2013). "Marc P. Bernegger, Next Generation Finance Invest: "La complexité et les régulations du secteur financier peuvent effrayer les start-up"". ICT Journal. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Marc P. Bernegger". fintechfusion. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- Guillaume, Beauverd (3 September 2015). "Why you need to pay attention to Switzerland as a startup nation". thenextweb. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Die 100 erfolgreichsten Schweizer unter 40 Jahren". bilanz.ch. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Diese Leute stehen für die digitale Schweiz". handelszeitung.ch. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Swiss ICT Award 2010: Die Gewinner". itmagazine.ch. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Amiando selected as a Technology Pioneer 2010 by the World Economic Forum". blog.amiando. Retrieved 20 January 2016.