She has been called "the most visible activist in New York State" and has said that Sarah Palin’s nomination as the 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate was "an obvious play for the support that Hillary Clinton got in the primaries."
In support of Clinton, she wrote a press release entitled "Psychological Gang Bang of Hillary is Proof We Need a Woman President", likening the reaction of Barack Obama and John Edwards to a gang rape. Pappas was strongly critical of the Stupak-Pitts Amendment, which places limits on taxpayer-funded abortions in the context of the November 2009 Affordable Health Care for America Act.
- NOW New York State
- New York Daily News Muslim TV mogul Muzzammil Hassan's alleged beheading of wife, Aasiya Hassan, may be 'honor killing' (February 17th 2009)
- T.G.I.F. speaker program welcomes Marcia Pappas, President NY State National Organization for Women[permanent dead link]
- New York Observer: N.O.W. Chairwoman: Look at Issues, Not Gender (Sept. 3, 2008)
- Psychological Gang Bang of Hillary is Proof We Need a Woman President Archived 2008-02-03 at the Wayback Machine, NOW Press Release, January 11, 2008
- Hillary Clinton volunteer profile: Marcia Pappas[permanent dead link], The Richmond Democrat, January 28, 2008