Marco Anelli in conversation with Marina Abramovic. New York, October 16th 2012. Book Signing @ STRAND
|Nationality||Italian and American|
|' Portraits in the presence of Marina Abramović ', ‘The Gestures of the Spirit’|
|Awards||Fuji Prize (2000), ‘Mario Giacomelli Memorial Prize (2001).|
He began his career in Paris where he specialized in black&white printing techniques. His photographic research projects evolve over long periods of time and explore different subjects. His publications include works on architecture, landscape, portraiture, sport and classical music. In 2010 he carried out Portraits in the Presence of Marina Abramovic, (Damiani, 2010) portraying the 1,545 participants in The Artist Is Present by Marina Abramovic at the MoMA, New York. In Building Magazzino (Rizzoli, 2017) he documented the transformation of an old computer factory into Magazzino Italian Art, a new art space in Cold Spring, NY cofounded by Nancy Olnick and Giorgio Spanu. He lives and works in New York City.
Books & significant catalogues
- Shadow and Light in St. Peter's (Silvana Publisher 1999)
- Il Calcio (Motta Publisher 2002)
- Pallacorda (Skira 2004)
- La Musica Immaginata (Motta Publisher 2004)
- All' Ombra del Duomo (Contrasto 2010)
- Gestures of the Spirit (Peliti Publisher, 2011)
- Portraits in the Presence of Marina Abramović (Damiani Publisher, 2012)
- Building Magazzino (Rizzoli, 2017)
Anelli has won the Fuji Prize (2000), the Mario Giacomelli Memorial Award and the Canon Prize in 2001
- "About | Magazzino Italian Art". www.magazzino.art. Retrieved 2019-01-21.