Marcone Amaral Costa
|Full name||Marcone Amaral Costa Júnior|
|Date of birth||5 April 1978|
|Place of birth||Poções, Brazil|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|1998–1999||→ Bellinzona (loan)||–||(–)|
|2003||Estrela do Norte||0||(0)|
|2012||→ Al Rayyan (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Born in Poções, Bahia, Marcone started his career at state capital Salvador. He made his Série A debut in 1997 season, played 10 games. After played for the team at 1998 Copa do Brasil and 1998 Campeonato Baiano, he was signed by Italian club A.C. Venezia along with Bilica and Tácio, however at that time Italian Football Federation imposed a quota on how many non-EU player that a team to keep and field them, thus Marcone was loaned to Swiss side Bellinzona.
He then returned to Vitória and played in 1999 Copa do Brasil and 1999 Campeonato Baiano. He left the club before the start of 1999 Campeonato Brasileiro Série A. He returned to the team for Copa João Havelange. After played for the team at 2001 Copa do Brasil and 2001 Campeonato Baiano, he was transferred to Vila Nova of 2001 Campeonato Brasileiro Série B.
In 2003 he left for Estrela do Norte. After played for União Barbarense at 2004 Copa do Brasil and 2004 Campeonato Paulista, he left for Marília. He played 4 games in 2004 Campeonato Brasileiro Série B, all as substitutes.
Club career statistics
Statistics accurate as of 21 August 2011
1Includes Emir of Qatar Cup.
2Includes Sheikh Jassem Cup.
3Includes AFC Champions League.
Marcone played for Qatar after lived for the county for more than 2 years (FIFA requirement). He played 9 games in 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification.
He was the captain of Qatar team at 2010 Asian Games as one of the three overage players.
- Scores and results list Qatar's goal tally first.
|1||25 August 2011||Al Ain City, United Arab Emirates||United Arab Emirates||3–1||Lost||Friendly|
- Campeonato do Nordeste: 1997, 1999
- His surname is Amaral Costa, a composite of paternal surname and maternal surname. The last one (i.e. Costa), is usually the paternal one in Portuguese name but vice versa may happened, in although rare. However, it is common that the first one (i.e. Amaral) is the paternal surname in Spanish name. When lack of information, he may refer as Marcone or Mr.Costa; Júnior is a suffix as Marcone II is rarely used in Portuguese language.
- Laudisa, Carlo; Contessa, Michele (20 June 1998). "Parma, finalmente Sartor". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- Tosi, Andrea; Contessa, Michele (20 August 1998). "Bologna, Ingesson comincia a scaldarsi " qui mi sento al top della mia parabola "". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- "Marília contrata zagueiro Marcone". Terra Brasil (in Portuguese). 2 April 2004. Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- Viudes, Rodrigo (2 July 2004). "Marcone vai jogar no Golfo Pérsico". Marília AC (in Portuguese). Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- Al Jaish launch pre season camping
- QSL.com.qa – Marcone Amaral Costa