|• mayor||Joaquim Vila Gibert (2015)|
|• Total||34.7 km2 (13.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||379 m (1,243 ft)|
|• Density||2.7/km2 (7.0/sq mi)|
Margalef is a village in Catalonia, Spain. It is situated on the edge of Montsant and is a popular ecotourism destination, especially among rock climbers. The rock type is conglomerate and it has more than 500 climbing routes of different grades, from 4 to 9b+. Many of the buildings in the village are also built on conglomerate formations.
- "Ajuntament de Margalef". Generalitat of Catalonia. Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- "El municipi en xifres: Margalef". Statistical Institute of Catalonia. Retrieved 2015-11-23.
- Municipal Register of Spain 2018. National Statistics Institute.
- "Margalef, Catalonia, Spain climbing". www.planetmountain.com.
- "Margalef - Zona del Panta North". www.ukclimbing.com.
|This Province of Tarragona location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|