Mariah is a spelling name of the given name Maria. Its use in an English-language context suggests the pronunciation /məˈraɪə/, i.e. the traditional pronunciation of Latin Maria (as opposed to the Spanish/Italian pronunciation now also commonly encountered in English).
The name was rarely given in the United States prior to the 1990s, when it bounced in popularity, from rank 562 in 1989 to rank 62 in 1998, in imitation of the name of singer Mariah Carey (whose Vision of Love topped the charts in 1990).
- Mariah Fredericks, author of bestselling fiction books for teens
- Mariah Stewart, author of romantic fiction
- Mariah Sensuel, stage name of Finnish erotic actress Maria Kekkonen
- fictional characters
- Mariah (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure), a fictional character from the manga JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Mariah Wong, a fictional character from the anime and manga series Beyblade
- Mariah's Storm, an American Thoroughbred racehorse
- Mariah (microprocessor), a VAX microprocessor designed by Digital Equipment Corporation
- Another name for the fish commonly known as Burbot
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mariah.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.