Born in Las Vegas, Nevada, Costa-Jackson was raised in Palermo, Italy. She studied voice privately with Ariel Bybee and briefly at Utah State University before entering the Academy of Vocal Arts (AVA) in Philadelphia. At the AVA she was a pupil of William Schuman and appeared in several of the school's opera productions; including appearances as Amelia in Verdi's Un Ballo in Maschera, Mimì in Puccini's La Bohème, Marguerite in Gounod's Faust, Fiora in L'amore dei tre re, and the title role in Iolanta.
Costa-Jackson has won several international singing competitions. In 2014 she won first prize at the Giulio Gari Foundation International Competition, received second place in the Marcello Giordani Foundation Vocal Competition, and was a finalist in the International Hans Gabor Belvedere Singing Competition. In 2015, she won both the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions and the Licia Albanese-Puccini Foundation International Vocal Competition. Also in 2015, she made her professional opera debut in 2015 as Musetta in La Bohème with the Michigan Opera Theatre. Later that year she performed the role of Leonora in Verdi's Il trovatore with Musica Viva in Hong Kong, and appeared in concert with Andrea Bocelli. In February 2016 she sang in a concert of Puccini's music with the Allentown Symphony Orchestra. In March 2016 she was the soprano soloist in Verdi's Requiem at the Municipal Theatre of Santiago. In 2017, she is scheduled to make her debut at the Welsh National Opera as Mimì.
- R LaGuardia Persinger (2014-06-06). "Italian American sisters conquering the world with their voices and passion". L'Italo Americano. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- Brian Kellow (March 2016). "Sound Bites: Marina Costa-Jackson". Opera News.
- "Winners of the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions Announced". Opera Today. March 22, 2015.
- David Patrick Stearns (January 26, 2016). "AVA Performs An Old Opera That's New To Most Audiences". WRTI.
- Vivien Schweitzer (March 23, 2015). "Review: National Council Auditions Winners Named at Grand Finals Concert". The New York Times.
- Pia Catton (2015-03-23). "Choosing America's Next Opera Idols". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- George Bulanda (October 19, 2015). "Review: MOT's 'La Boheme' likeable but no thrill". The Detroit News.
- "REVIEW: Bocelli's performance at Sands Bethlehem Event Center is fit for divinity". The Morning Call. September 28, 2015.
- Peter Gordon (December 18, 2015). "A Verdi oasis in the cultural desert". China Daily.
- Steve Siegel (February 10, 2016). "Classical: Fall in love with Puccini at Allentown's Miller Symphony Hall". The Morning Call.
- R. González/M.P. Jaramillo (9 March 2016). "Filarmónica y Sinfónica apuestan por Verdi y Beethoven para inaugurar temporadas". La Tercera.
- "Welsh National Opera's 16/17 season of operas is announced" (Press release). Welsh National Opera. 11 February 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-04.