Mariner High School (Cape Coral, Florida)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mariner High School|
701 Chiquita Blvd N.
|Established||1987, 32 years ago|
|School district||Lee County|
|Principal||Dr. Thomas Michel|
|Number of students||1,546 (2015-16)|
|Color(s)||Silver & Black|
Mariner High School is located in Cape Coral, Florida in the Lee County School District and is home to the Fightin' Tritons. The school is located at 701 Chiquita Boulevard North and serves students from Cape Coral, the neighboring villages on Pine Island, and North Fort Myers. The school opened 32 years ago for the 1987–1988 school year at its current location, and its enrollment in May 2014 was 1,485 students.
Math, Science, and Technology
Mariner High School started a special math, science, and technology,(or MST) section of the school at the beginning of the 2008-2009 school year. The program allows gifted students to join a rigorous academic program, and provide academic improvement opportunities.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cape Coral High School - These were the first two high schools in Cape Coral and have a long-standing rivalry. Mariner commonly holds “Cream Cape” pep rally’s to show some school spirit. On the other hand Cape Coral also holds "Mash Mariner" during the football season. This takes place the week of the Cape vs. Mariner High School football game.
Mariner High School offers a variety of athletic programs for students during the fall, winter and spring. Sports offered include:
This section needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Earnest Graham - NFL running back for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers; his MHS jersey is retired. Current Head Coach of North Fort Myers High School
- Teddy Dupay - In 1998 he set the state high school career basketball scoring record that he still holds today. His jersey is retired. Additionally, he played on Florida's runner-up team in the 2000 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament.
- Greg Spires - NFL defensive end with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, and New England Patriots.
- Casey Coleman - MLB pitcher with the Chicago Cubs and Kansas City Royals.
- Pat Burke - NBA center with the Orlando Magic and the Phoenix Suns
- Mike Zunino - MLB catcher with the Seattle Mariners
- Seth Petruzelli - competed on The Ultimate Fighter 2, retired professional Mixed Martial Artist
- "MARINER HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- "Earnest Graham Stats". ESPN. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Greg Spires Stats". ESPN. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Casey Coleman Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 26, 2012.