Mario Bolatti

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Mario Bolatti
Mario Bolatti.jpg
Bolatti playing for Argentina in 2009
Personal information
Full name Mario Ariel Bolatti
Date of birth (1985-02-17) 17 February 1985 (age 34)
Place of birth La Para, Argentina
Height 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)[1]
Playing position Central midfielder
Club information
Current team
Boca Unidos
Number 5
Youth career
1996–2003 Belgrano
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2003–2007 Belgrano 86 (1)
2007–2009 Porto 15 (0)
2009Huracán (loan) 36 (5)
2010–2011 Fiorentina 22 (0)
2011–2015 Internacional 30 (1)
2013Racing Club (loan) 16 (0)
2014–2015Botafogo (loan) 36 (4)
2015–2017 Belgrano 33 (5)
2017– Boca Unidos 8 (1)
National team
2009–2011 Argentina 12 (1)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 January 2018

Mario Ariel Bolatti (born 17 February 1985) is an Argentine footballer who plays as a central midfielder for Boca Unidos.

Club career[edit]

Bolatti began his career in 2003 at Belgrano. In 2006, his team was promoted to the Argentine Primera División, but the club was relegated after only one season in the top flight. Bolatti was subsequently transferred to Portuguese club Porto in July 2007, where he signed a four-year contract.[2] Porto acquired 60% of his economic rights for future transfer fees the club received while unnamed parties held the remaining 40%.[3]

Bolatti moved on a six-month loan to Huracán for the 2009 Torneo Clausura upon recommendation from Porto teammate Lucho González.[4] He was selected as the best player in the tournament by Argentine sports daily Olé[citation needed] and was a key player in Huracán's championship bid, which was thwarted by Vélez Sarsfield in the last match.

In July 2009, Porto sold all its economic rights in Bolatti (60%) to Natland Financieringsmaatschappij B.V. in order to acquire Radamel Falcao's remaining registration rights from the Dutch company. Both economic rights were valued at €1.5 million,[3] making Bolatti's transfer value at that time worth €2.5 million in total. Porto later retained 20% of his economic rights and received €1 million only from Natland. The retained 20% economic rights were "worth" €232,360 in accounting (as a financial asset instead of intangible asset, latter "weathered" by time), the portion of the residual (un-amortized) value of the acquisition costs that Porto paid in 2007. Porto retained the economic rights and the non-dividable registration rights to make Porto the entity to receive transfer fee for Natland and arrange a loan deal for the company. In the interim, Bolatti remained with Huracán for the 2009 Torneo Apertura.

On 18 January 2010, Bolatti was transferred to Italian Serie A club Fiorentina for €3.5 million.[5][6][7] Porto received €500,000 for its 20% portion, but using the previous "market" value of €2.5 million as calculation.[8]

On 6 February 2011, Bolatti joined Brazilian Série A club Internacional for €4.5 million.[7][9] Two years later, and after receiving limited playing time during the previous season, Bolatti signed with Argentine side Racing Club on a six-month loan.[10]

International career[edit]

On 14 October 2009 in Montevideo, Uruguay, after coming on as a substitute, Bolatti scored the crucial goal in the 84th minute of the game which ensured Argentina's qualification to the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He was later named to Argentina's final 23-man squad by manager Diego Maradona for the tournament's final stages, in South Africa.

International goals[edit]

Goal Date Venue Opponent Score Result Competition Ref
1 14 October 2009 Montevideo, Uruguay  Uruguay 1–0 1–0 2010 World Cup qualification





  1. ^ "Mario Áriel Bolatti". Soccerway. Global Sports Media. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
  2. ^ "Porto add Bolatti and Aguiar". 3 July 2007. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
  3. ^ a b "FC Porto 2009–10 Annual Report" (PDF). FC Porto. 25 October 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 January 2011. Retrieved 18 May 2011.
  4. ^ Bolatti: "Doy gracias a Dios por ser parte de este equipo" on
  5. ^ "Definito l'accordo Per Bolatti" (in Italian). 18 January 2010. Retrieved 18 January 2010.
  6. ^ "Official: Mario Bolatti Joins Fiorentina". 19 January 2010.
  7. ^ a b ACF Fiorentina Report and Accounts on 31 December 2010 ‹See Tfd›(in Italian)
  8. ^ Capital gain of €267,640 plus asset value €232,360. Both data extracted from Porto financial report of 2009–10 and 2010–11 season
  9. ^ "Bolatti tem recepção tradicional do Inter: festa no aeroporto e euforia" (in Portuguese). 6 February 2011. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
  10. ^ "Bolatti, el nuevo refuerzo del primer equipo" (in Spanish). 7 February 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
  11. ^ "2008–09 Taça de Portugal Sertanense-Porto game report". ForaDeJogo. Retrieved 27 April 2017.

External links[edit]