|Born||Mariyah Ashraf Moten
18 January 1984
|Eye color||Honey brown|
Mariyah was born in Karachi, Pakistan. She moved to the US with her family at the age of 5 and currently resides in the United States. Mariyah Moten graduated from University of Houston in with a degree in hotel management. Moten is now married to an American and resides in Houston, Texas.
After placing Top 5 at the Miss Pakistan World, a, the Miss Pakistan World organization sent Moten to represent Pakistan at the Miss Tourism Queen International pageant in 2006, where she won the Miss Charity Title among 87 other contestants.
Later that year she competed in the Miss Bikini of the Universe pageant which was held in Beihai, China. This created an outrage among the Muslim community in Pakistan and all around the world. This was the first time a Pakistani girl has participated in a bikini pageant representing the Islamic nation. Due to this controversy, Mariyah Moten won the Best In Media/Miss Press title for being the most photographed and interviewed contestant in the entire pageant.
In 2006, Mariyah Moten received criticism from Pakistani government officials for using the title Miss Pakistan Bikini. This was the first time a Pakistani girl participated in an international bikini beauty pageant overcoming the traditional barriers of the conservative Islamic nation. Muslim leaders showed outrage when she won Best in Media. Mariyah's controversy landed her on the cover of Sexy South Asian Girls 2007 calendar.
-  Houston Press
-  Fashion Central
- "Mariyah Moten". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- Oaklander, Mandy. Houston Press. Tuesday August 16, 2011. 1. Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2009-12-16. The Asian Today
-  China Daily
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-02-27. Retrieved 2013-09-04. Tribune (Pakistan)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-04-22. Retrieved 2013-09-04. Daily Times
-  Dawn
- "MissIntercontinental.com - The most beautiful women of all continents".
-  Tribune (India)
-  Daily Mail
-  Times of India
-  Gulf News
-  DNA India