|Born||May 1962 (age 57)|
|Education||University College London|
|Institutions||St. George's Hospital, London|
Marjan Jahangiri FRCS (born May 1962) is professor of cardiac surgery at St. George's Hospital, University of London. She was the first woman to be appointed professor of cardiac surgery in the United Kingdom and Europe.
Jahangiri was made a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 1992. She qualified with an Intercollegiate Speciality in Cardiothoracic Surgery, (FRCS CTh), in 1999, the same year she received her degree of master of surgery from the University of London.
Jahangiri is professor of cardiac surgery at St. George's Hospital, University of London. She specialises in clinical cardiac surgery and has contributed to the development of minimally invasive surgery. She was the first woman to be appointed professor of cardiac surgery in the United Kingdom and Europe.
- "Dilatation of the remaining aorta after aortic valve or aortic root replacement in patients with bicuspid aortic valve: a 5-year follow-up" Abdulkareem N., Soppa G., Jones S., Valencia O., Smelt J., Jahangiri M. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2013;96:43-9.
- "Left ventricular remodeling after transcatheter aortic valve implantation: one-year follow-up study" Zakkar M., Alassar A., Lopez-Perez M., Roy D., Brecker S., Sharma R., Jahangiri M. Innovations, 2015;44-7.
- "Incidence and mechanisms of cerebral ischemia after transcatheter aortic valve implantation compared with surgical aortic valve replacement" Alassar A., Soppa G., Edsell M., Rich P., Roy D., Chis Ster I., Joyce R., Valencia O., Barrick T., Howe F., Moat N., Morris R., Markus H.S., Jahangiri M. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2015;99:802-8.
- "Perioperative management and outcomes of aortic surgery during pregnancy" Yates M.T., Soppa G., Smelt J., Fletcher N., van Besouw J.P., Thilaganathan B., Jahangiri M.J. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2015;149:607-10.
- "Aortic root surgery: Does high surgical volume and a consistent perioperative approach improve outcome?" Bilkhu R., Youssefi P., Soppa G., Sharma R., Child A., Edsell M., van Besouw J.P., Jahangiri M. Semin Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2016;28:302-309.
- "Functional assessment of thoracic aortic aneurysm – the future of risk prediction" Youssefi P., Sharma R., Figueroa C.A., Jahangiri M. British Medical Bulletin, 2016.
- "Patients-specific computational dynamics-assessment of aortic hemodynamics in a spectrum of aortic valve pathologies" Youssefi P., Gomez A., He T., Anderson L., Bunce N., Sharma R., Figueroa C.A., Jahangiri M.J. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2017;153:8-20.
- Professor Marjan Jahangiri. St. George's Aortic Team. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- Professor Marjan Jahangiri. St George's University of London. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- Professional profile. Spire Healthcare. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- Trailblazing female heart surgeon 'forced out' from unit by colleagues 'envious of her success'. Victoria Ward, The Telegraph, 24 August 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- Judge overturns south London hospital's ban on heart surgeon. The Guardian, 28 August 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- Judge overturns Marjan Jahangiri’s suspension from St George’s hospital. Chris Smyth, The Times, 29 August 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018. (subscription required)