Mark Lindsay Chapman
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mark Lindsay Chapman|
8 September 1954|
|Education||Guildford School of Acting|
|Spouse(s)||Cheree Vandoren (divorced)|
He attended the Guildford School of Acting where he studied ballet, speech, drama, and fencing.
His television credits include: Max Headroom, Dallas (as Brett Lomax), Falcon Crest, Baywatch, Murder, She Wrote, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, JAG, Charmed, The Young and the Restless, Swamp Thing, and The Langoliers. He played Chief Officer Henry Tingle Wilde in the 1997 film Titanic. A Paramount internal memo dated from 1987 has revealed that Chapman was once considered for the part of Data in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
The similarity between his name and that of John Lennon's murderer, Mark David Chapman, prevented him in 1985 from playing Lennon in John and Yoko: A Love Story, a biographical film produced by NBC; Yoko Ono had been deeply involved in the production and had herself been initially impressed with his audition and approved his casting prior to discovering his full name was Mark Lindsay Chapman. She then nixed his casting on the grounds it was "bad karma", and a great deal of press attention was given to his having almost gotten the role. (Chapman changed his name to Lindsay when he joined Equity, as there was already a Mark Chapman in the union.) The role went instead to Mark McGann. Chapman's full name surfaced again when the story was published in Britain, and reporters began making inquiries about the actor, who was then working as a bricklayer[why?] with his father.
Assault and Arrest
Lindsay was arrested in March 2018 for assaulting his then-girlfriend, Tara Pirnia, after she ended their five-year relationship. According to an affidavit obtained from the Travis County Sheriff's office, he flew into a "violent rage" after she asked him to delete intimate material of her on his cell phone. The affidavit further states Lindsay threw her on the ground and choked her while saying "bitch, f*** you, I want you dead." Pirnia bit his hand until he finally released her. She has since filed a restraining order out of fear that Lindsay will kill her and then himself. 
- American Gothic (1988) - Rob
- Separate Lives (1995) - Keno Sykes
- Titanic (1997) - Chief Officer Henry Tingle Wilde
- Bram Stoker's Legend of the Mummy (1998) - Daw
- Beethoven's 4th (2001 film) - Johnnie Simmons
- Chapter 27 (2007) - John Lennon
- Abner, The Invisible Dog (2013) - Abner (voice)
- A Prince for Christmas (2015) - Geoffrey
- Futbol (2015) - Announcer
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present. Ballantine Books. 2003. p. 1158. ISBN 0-345-45542-8.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation details, lettersofnote.com, August 2010.
- Marill, Alvin H. (November 1987). Movies Made for Television: The Telefeature and the Mini-Series: 1964-1986. New York Zoetrope. p. 214. ISBN 0-918432-80-4.
- Chapter 27 full cast, imdb.com; accessed 4 May 2016.
- "'Titanic' Actor Mark Chapman Arrested for Assaulting Girlfriend". TMZ. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
|This article about an English film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|