|Born||1962 (age 59–60)|
|Education||City of London School|
|Known for||CEO, William Pears Group|
|Family||Trevor Pears (brother)|
Bernard Pears (grandfather)
Mark Andrew Pears William Pears Group since 1984.(born 1962) is a British billionaire businessman, CEO of the privately held
Mark Andrew Pears was born in 1962, the son of Clive Pears (died 1984) and Clarice Talisman Castle (1933–1999), and the grandson of Bernard Pears. Clarice Talisman Castle was born in and grew up in Lochside Street, Shawlands, Glasgow, the daughter of Abraham Castle, a dealer in electrical and wireless appliances, and his wife Hannah.
The William Pears Group was founded in 1952, by his grandfather Bernard Pears (who changed his name from Schleicher in 1939) and his father Clive Pears, and is run by Mark Pears with his younger brothers Trevor and David.
Mark Pears has run the company since his father died in 1984, when he was aged 21.
According to The Daily Telegraph, Pears won't allow his photo to be taken, or say which of the over 212 companies of which he is a director, a "complex labyrinth of operating and investment companies", is the main holding company or what the group's annual profit might be.
In 2014, he had a net worth of £2.1 billion.
- "Company Overview of The William Pears Group of Companies Limited". Bloomberg. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "Mark Andrew Pears". Companycheck. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- Boggan, Steve (18 May 1998). "Secretive world of landlady who is richer than the Queen". The Independent. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- Murray, Paula (7 December 2014). "EXCLUSIVE: Scots city to receive £100k due to charity's family ties". Sunday Express. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- "Pears family hopes banking plan is fruitful". The Telegraph.
- Sheinman, Anna (25 April 2013). "What the rich list doesn't tell you". The Jewish Chronicle. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Jones, Nick (9 April 2013). "New owner for the Spires Shopping Centre". barnetsociety.org.uk. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- "Mark Pears". Globalrealestate.org. Archived from the original on 6 November 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Cohen, David (13 February 2012). "Let's all make it a bumper year for good causes, says man who gave away £30m". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/34711/page/7001/data.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- Quinn, James (12 June 2011). "Pears family comes out of the property shadows". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- "Mark Andrew PEARS – Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)". Companies House, Government of the United Kingdom. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- Jefford, Kasmira. "Mysterious Pears dynasty backs new venture to build £1bn of London homes". City AM. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Trustee: Mark Pears, CBE". The British Museum.
- "Queen's birthday honours list 2014: GCB, DBE and CBE". The Guardian. 13 June 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2015.