Mark Price (businessman)
|Born||2 March 1961
He started his career at the John Lewis Partnership as a graduate trainee in 1982, before progressing to become John Lewis store manager in High Wycombe and Cheadle. In 2005, he joined the John Lewis Partnership Board taking on responsibility for strategy as Development Director. In April 2007, the then Managing Director Steven Esom left the Partnership and Price was appointed as his replacement. At the time Waitrose had 183 stores, and within six years this number had increased to 300.
In October 2015, Price announced he was to leave the John Lewis Partnership in April 2016 after 10 years fulfilling the role of Managing Director of Waitrose. Suggestions have been made saying that Mark may apply for the chairman position of Channel 4.
Price has served as Chairman of Business in the Community since 2011 and The Prince's Countryside Fund since 2010. He sits on the Board of Directors of Channel 4 and the Consumer Goods Forum. He was appointed Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (CVO) in the 2014 New Year Honours for his work with Business in the Community and The Prince's Countryside Fund.
- Rigby, Elizabeth (June 19, 2010). "Lunch with the FT: Mark Price". Financial Times.
- Blackhurst, Chris (December 15, 2010). "The jolly grocer who’s made Waitrose the chain to watch". London Evening Standard.
- Teather, David (5 October 2007). "'To be honest, I'm all about a love of food. The fact is I am chubby'". The Guardian.
- Uloth, Rupert (24 January 2008). "Interview: Waitrose MD Mark Price". Country Life.
- The Prince's Countryside Fund trustees
- Hawkes, Steve (26 July 2013). "Waitrose chief Mark Price named deputy chairman of John Lewis". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- Sheffield, Hazel (20 October 2015). "Waitrose boss Mark Price resigns". The Independent. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- Farrell, Sean; Sweney, Mark (20 October 2015). "Waitrose boss Mark Price quits to 'head Channel 4'". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Channel 4 Board". Channel 4.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2013.
- "New Year Honours 2014: list in full". The Daily Telegraph. 30 December 2013.
|Managing Director of Waitrose
|Non-Executive Deputy Chairman of the John Lewis Partnership