Markazul Ma'arif (Urdu: مرکز المعارف, Hindi: मरकज़-उल-मआरिफ़), is a voluntary social-welfare non-government organisation in India. The organization supports the economically and educationally backward segment of society. Based in Hojai, the organisation runs multifarious activities with the help of branch offices located in Assam, Manipur, New Delhi, Deoband (U.P) and Mumbai.
The major activities of Markazul Ma'arif are:
- English Medium Schools- 17 Nos.
- Industrial Training Centre
- Krishi Vikas Kendra under Agriculture Department
- Orphanages- 6 Nos.
- Merit Scholarships
- Medical and Marriage Aid
- Emergency Relief and Rehabilitation
- Computer and Vocational Training Centres- 19 Nos.
- Health Care and Sanitation Schemes
- Drinking Water supply schemes
- Social Forestry and Environment Promotion schemes
- Monthly aid to Poor, Widows and Differently able persons.
The Future plans of Markazul Ma'arif are: Markaz Knowledge Hub for Higher Education, Markaz Institute for Computer Science and Information Technology, Markaz Cancer Hospital, Markaz Unani Medical College, Markaz Adopted Village, Markaz Model Village, Markaz Rehabilitation centre for Differently able persons,Markaz Old Age Home.
- Qasmi, Burhanuddin. "Markazul Ma'arif declares dates for Entrance Exams". Retrieved August 28, 2012.
- Ubaidur Rahman, Syed. "Marakzul Maarif: a shining example". http://www.milligazette.com. Retrieved August 28, 2012. External link in
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|