This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
GlobeNewswire provides press release distribution services globally, with substantial operations in North America and Europe.
GlobeNewswire was a Nasdaq, Inc. subsidiary from September 2006 until April 2018 when West Corporation acquired the Public Relations Solutions and Digital Media Services Businesses, including GlobeNewswire, from Nasdaq.
Formerly known as PrimeNewswire, the company changed its name to GlobeNewswire in 2008 to better reflect its international scope.
According to its website, the company operates one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
In June 2018, GlobeNewswire introduced Media Snippets, providing the ability for organizations publishing press releases to embed a carousel of images, audio, video and live streaming into their press releases and web pages to tell a more complete brand story and increase engagement with media, investors and customers.
In 2012, GlobeNewswire introduced its Streaming Media Player, which allows users to alternate between videos and slides while monitoring a variety of news sources.
- "West Corporation Closes Landmark Acquisition of Nasdaq's Public Relations and Digital Media Businesses". GlobeNewswire. April 16, 2018.
- "PrimeNewswire is now GlobeNewswire", PR Week, August 21, 2008. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- "About Us". GlobeNewswire/Nasdaq. globenewswire.com. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- "West Corporation Introduces Media Snippets, Interactive Multimedia Modules for Content Publishing". GlobeNewswire.
- "NASDAQ OMX to launch video platform at NIRI", PR Week, June 4, 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- globenewswire.com, the company's official website