|private limited company|
|Industry||marine energy management, energy research|
|Jón Ágúst Thorsteinsson, founder
Kristinn A. Aspelund, Co-founder
Juergen Kudritzki, CEO
|Products||Marorka Onboard (energy management system), Marorka Online (energy management dashboard)|
Marorka is a company which specializes in marine energy management. Marorka’s head office is in Reykjavik, Iceland along with its servers and data storage infrastructure are supplied with electricity generated using 100% renewable energy resources – geothermal and hydroelectric. Marorka has international offices in Hamburg, GE, Singapore, SG, Athens, GR and Dubai, AE. Marorka's mission is to deliver products and services to vessel owners and operators to save fuel, increase profitability and reduce harmful emissions. The company was founded in June 2002 and resulted from the PhD thesis of Jón Ágúst Thorsteinsson, Entrepreneur and founder.
Marorka has developed reliable, automated, on-board and online energy management systems for the international shipping industry. Marorka’s products and services enable vessel operators to optimize fuel consumption by maximizing the energy efficiency of their vessels through the implementation of real-time monitoring and decision support, which are essential components of any operational optimization process. Marorka’s commitment towards energy efficiency goes beyond the technological dimension – ships’ officers play a significant role in increasing energy efficiency and reducing emissions.
Marorka's field of work:
- consultancy for vessel building
- operational analysis of ocean vessels
- development of Marorka Onboard (energy management system), the marine energy management system
- development of Marorka Online and Marorka Online SEEMP
- Villemes, Katinka. Nature and Environment Prize 2008 goes to Iceland, norden.org, October 10, 2008
- Wilson-Roberts, Guy. Green award for emissions-reducing technology, Sustainable Shipping News, October 28, 2008
- World Fishing